Lead Data Architect
- Lanham, MD
K3 Solutions, LLC (K3) is a leading technical solutions and services company, that offers a broad range of expertise in systems modernization efforts, applications support, and business process management services. Our collaborative approach, innovative solutions, and focus on adding value provides our clients with a cost-effective path to addressing, managing, and achieving all of their mission objectives and business goals.
The Lead Data Architect is responsible for architecting and designing the Data Warehouse and Data Integration, currently consisting of 1500 tables, 50000 fields and 12 data sources, and guiding a team of 40 team members in the design and development and completion of highly sensitive, mission critical data to enable.
- Ensure the project follows appropriate development methodology, meets defined requirements as per the design, and Data Team development maintains schedule, identifying Project Risks, Issues and Dependencies
- Manage relationships with Release Management and Development Team Leads to maintain effective relationships with the team leads and support personnel and their team members
- Prepare, track, manage and report Project Progress via MS Project Plan and Weekly/Monthly Status Reports
- Track Project Level deliverables, work products, reviews and milestones. Ensure on-time delivery of all work products and strive for early submission of all deliverables
- Provide leadership to and collaborate with the Data Team leads as well as the team leads and team members to ensure their project success and career advancement
• Experience serving as a lead architect of a large Data Warehouse effort
• Experience integrating multiple data sources into a data repository using Informatica
• Experience leading teams of database and data integration consultants and providing technical leadership
• Experience with building large multi-dimensional schemas and optimizing database performance with Database Appliances such as GreenPlum and Netezza
• Experience leading a large development effort in all phases of SDLC
• Experience with IRS’ Enterprise Lifecycle methodology
• Prior IRS experience including knowledge of IRS business systems and data
• Deep hands on experience writing PostgresSQL and SQL
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong people leadership and client management
MUST have a current IRS clearance.
U.S. Citizenship required