Project Manager- Enterprise IoT Installation
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven leader to help us grow our technical deployment team for K4Community - our rapidly growing, venture-backed platform that provides Communications, Smart Home, and Wellness to leading senior communities across the country. Our new Enterprise IoT Installation Manager will be responsible for assisting in setup and leading teams into the field to provide the best possible equipment installation and onboarding experience for our customers.
The best candidate for this role will be committed to building and executing efficient, scalable, high quality, and repeatable processes to continue growing our deployment capacity. The candidate will have access to world class, highly patented enterprise tools and associate engineers to drive continuous improvement and enterprise volume and automation over time. This role will report to the VP Operations and work closely with other functional areas including customer support, success, and product.
About the Position:
- Oversee setup of equipment for new enterprise-scale deployments in some of the nation’s largest senior living communities(100s-1000s of apartments) and ensure that install teams are fully prepared when going onsite.
- Provide equipment counts and BOM to Warehouse team prior to shipment.
- Schedule subcontractors (electrical, mechanical, and technical) for assigned projects.
- Install K4Community systems at client locations alongside other members of the Operations team and contractors.
- Suggest process improvements and drive K4Connect to continuously improve our quality and operational efficiency.
- Document, measure, and continuously improve installations and setup.
- Document requirements for device manufacturers as well as our development team to improve our product offering.
- Be a player/coach as we scale the team over time.
- 5+ years of installation/project management/electrical/home automation experience
- Ability to travel (80% or more)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to manage subcontractors and K4Connect technicians onsite at customer locations, coach them in our process, and hold them to our quality standards.
- A leader who will not rest when it comes to creating a great customer experience throughout the activation, and install process as well as ongoing program management - with the goal of setting up our Operations, Sales, and Support teams for ongoing success.
- An innovator who will continue to push the entire organization towards scalable automation, extremely quality and world class customer experiences
- Willingness and passion to roll your sleeves to do the work for kitting and installs, while defining the process and improving deployment efficiency.
- A people person who is well-spoken but also a great listener and problem solver
- Organized, process driven and a passion for metrics
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond their core job responsibilities
- Creative and Risk tolerant, willing to give ideas a try (then try again)
- Strong personality, willing to push forward ideas, yet a team player
- Ability to work hard once a certain path is chosen
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Unlimited Vacation Plan
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.