Associate Consultant (Req 095 and Req152)
- Overland, KS
KANA makes every customer experience a good experience. A global leader in customer service solutions delivered on-premise or in the cloud, KANA lets organizations take complete control over customer service interactions, so they can take care of customers, while managing costs and reinforcing brand. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter score (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises, including half of the Global 100 and more than 250 government agencies. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide. www.kana.com.
Follow KANA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KANAsoftware
As a member of the KANA Global Professional Services team, the role of Technical Consultant is primarily focused on leading a team to create and deliver Enterprise Case Management solutions, using the KANA product suite, for our customer base in Government markets around the world.
- Perform the lead solutions design role from inception to operational deployment for KANA Global Consulting Services project deliveries.
- Take ownership of all of the technical issues that need to be resolved to ensure a successful customer delivery.
- Present and lead technical workshops with KANA customers and KANA partners.
- Lead and manage a team of developers, solution engineers or other technical resources in the delivery of a customer solution.
- Provide clear technical support and guidance to the KANA Global Consulting Services Project Manager in relation to all technical issues affecting the delivery of a customer project.
- Assist/Advise for technical architecture adherence / divergence and provide guidance to project delivery teams.
- Promote a culture of innovation within the project delivery team by supporting and developing innovative applications of technology, and by building enthusiasm for the opportunities offered by future technologies.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the Sales and Account Management teams in KANA Global Consulting Services.
- 3 years of experience working in technical roles within solutions delivery including developing and testing software applications.
- 3 years of experience in solutions design and development with solid Java, C/C++ experience.
- 2 years of experience programming with HTML, ASP, JSP and WebServices,
- 1 year of experience with J2EE Middleware (Oracle WebLogic and/or IBM Websphere a plus) and developing within J2EE framework
- 2 years of experience with database development MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
- 2 years of experience with desktop productivity applications (MS Word, Excel and Visio).
- At least 1 year of experience with enterprise workflow and knowledge management technologies.
- At least 1 year of experience providing estimates for development tasks for inclusion in bid responses or customer change control requests.
- Ability to think creatively and inspire others to do the same.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and at all levels of an organization.
NOTE: Candidate must meet all critical attributes in order to be considered for this position.
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in a computing related discipline.
- Experience of working with and deploying CRM software solutions.
- Consulting or professional services experience desirable,
Location: Chicago, Overland Park, Atlanta, or Richmond
Travel: 75% Domestic
This position travels an average of 75% of the time to client sites in North
America. International travel is available, if interested, but not required