- Chicago, IL
KANA makes every customer experience a good experience. A global leader in customer service solutions delivered on-premise or in the cloud, KANA lets organizations take complete control over customer service interactions, so they can take care of customers, while managing costs and reinforcing brand. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter score (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises, including half of the Global 100 and more than 250 government agencies. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide. www.kana.com.
Follow KANA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KANAsoftware
As a member of the KANA Global Professional Services team, the role of Technical Consultant is primarily focused on leading a team to create and deliver Enterprise Case Management solutions, using the KANA product suite, for our customer base in Government markets around the world.
- Perform the lead solutions design role from inception to operational deployment for KANA Global Consulting Services project deliveries.
- Take ownership of all of the technical issues that need to be resolved to ensure a successful customer delivery.
- Present and lead technical workshops with KANA customers and KANA partners.
- Lead and manage a team of developers, solution engineers or other technical resources in the delivery of a customer solution.
- Provide clear technical support and guidance to the KANA Global Consulting Services Project Manager in relation to all technical issues affecting the delivery of a customer project.
- Provide ownership for technical architecture adherence / divergence and provide guidance to project delivery teams.
- Promote a culture of innovation within the project delivery team by supporting and developing innovative applications of technology, and by building enthusiasm for the opportunities offered by future technologies.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the Sales and Account Management teams in KANA Global Consulting Services.
- 5 years experience working in technical roles within solutions delivery.
- 5 years experience in solutions design and development with strong Java, C/C++ experience.
- At least 2 years experience of four or more of the following technologies; enterprise workflow, knowledge management, web services, Java, XML/XSL and relational databases.
- At least 2 years experience of providing estimates for development tasks for inclusion in bid responses or customer change control requests.
- Ability to think creatively and inspire others to do the same.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and at all levels of an organization.
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in a computing related discipline.
- Experience of working with and deploying CRM software solutions.
- At least 2 years experience with managing teams.
There is a degree of flexibility in the location of this role. We are particularly interested in candidates based in the Kansas City area however we also welcome applications from candidates based in the Chicago area. The successful candidate will work out of our Chicago office or own home depending on the candidates’ location.
The successful candidate will be expected to spend periods working on customer sites depending on opportunities and partner requirements. Customer sites can be anywhere we have client business to conduct however we expect this role to require travel mainly throughout North America. This role typically involves between 25% - 75% travel but could require more depending on the client.
Duration and Salary:
This is a permanent full time position. In addition to an excellent salary the remuneration package includes excellent company benefits.
KANA offers a highly competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.