Senior Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
KANA makes every customer experience a good experience. A global leader in customer service solutions delivered on-premise or in the cloud, KANA lets organizations take complete control over customer service interactions, so they can take care of customers, while managing costs and reinforcing brand. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter score (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises, including half of the Global 100 and more than 250 government agencies. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide. www.kana.com.
Follow KANA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KANAsoftware
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Engineer for one of our Knowledge Management teams in Sunnyvale, CA, you will:
- Refine, extend and enhance KANA’s world-class search and KM capabilities.
- Deliver high quality code around the Search and KM modules under your ownership
Working in our Agile/Scrum methodology, you will build innovative and elegant software to be used on thousands of Customer Service agent desktops and on many of the world’s largest commercial web sites. KANA’s clients include Sears, Priceline, eBay, the United States Post Office, Sprint and hundreds more.
If you are interested in furthering a progressive and gratifying career with a company that is charting new territory in technology, then KANA is the place for you! This is a demanding job, and we require talented people with a strong work ethic. If you are a good match for the following qualifications, send us your resume.
- At least 5-7 years of Java/J2EE programming experience working on Enterprise class software, specifically in search and web technologies.
- Previous experience building, maintaining large scale, high performing, high availability software for Enterprise customers
- Intimate knowledge of design patterns (i.e. Gang of Four)
- Experience working with an Agile methodology
- Experience with popular J2EE unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit, TestNG, Cactus)
- Must have developed applications on (at least one) well known J2EE application server (e.g. JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, GlassFish, OC4J)
- Excellent communication skills and a solid team player
- Real-world experience working with data and algorithms for search engines, indexes or crawlers
- Experience working with Lucene and/or SOLR
- Familiarity or previous experience with SOA and/or SCA
- Spring framework
- RDBMS, JDBC, DAO
- Familiarity with Maven/Ant/Ivy
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: This is a full time, permanent position.
Compensation: KANA offers a highly competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.