Software Engineer (Req047)
- Sunnyvale, CA
KANA makes every customer experience a good experience. A global leader in customer service solutions delivered on-premise or in the cloud, KANA lets organizations take complete control over customer service interactions, so they can take care of customers, while managing costs and reinforcing brand. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter score (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises, including half of the Global 100 and more than 250 government agencies. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide. www.kana.com.
Follow KANA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KANAsoftware
We are looking for a highly creative Software Engineer with a passion for learning to join our very talented engineering team. The project space for the immediate future includes building our world-class Knowledge Management solutions and a rich set of collaborative tools such as email, chat, co-browse, etc.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for collaborating with architects, product managers, other developers, QA and operations team to develop innovative, strategic and tactical solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, accuracy, performance, reliability.
- Core Java (JavaSE) development experience
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design, with hands-on experience in a variety of design patterns.
- Quick problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Minimum BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of software development experience (through academic research or real world experience).
- Graduate level in Computer Science or related discipline
- Java EE
- Experience working with Open Source projects
- App server (JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty, WebLogic, etc)
- Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- Build tools (Ant, Maven, Ivy, etc)
- Agile / Scrum methodology
Experience Level: Mid (2+ Years)
Education Level: Minimum -- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US to be considered.