Consultant - Project Manager
- Denver, CO
Positioned as a leader in the CRM Web Customer Service market space, KANA helps some of the largest companies and brands in the world increase customer satisfaction by deploying innovative, contextually aware and adaptive solutions. By unifying and adapting customer journeys across the contact center, email, web site and social community, KANA's solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved customer satisfaction at more than 600 enterprises, including half of the Global 100 and more than 200 government agencies. KANA is based in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. Please read more about KANA on our website: http://www.kana.com/about-kana/analyst-quotes.php
In this role, the Project Manager (PM) oversees the implementation and deployment of complex enterprise software solutions. The PM will matrix-manage a team of consultants through the delivery of solutions across all phases and milestones of a project. Project Managers may be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and will actively participate as a consultant on the team. The expertise and work effort primarily focuses on identifying and understanding key customer problems and requirements; creating functional and technical designs; and installing, configuring, customizing, and integrating enterprise software into existing customer environments.
- Provide daily direction to project teams; create and manage overall project work plan and work effort; prepare status reports on all project activities
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through careful planning, creative problem solving, solid expectations management, and effective relationship development
- Estimate work effort, timelines, skills, and quantity of resources required to successfully complete project deliverables; develops project plan incorporating all project variables
- Establish project success criteria pertaining to quality, performance, ROI, timeline, and budget
- Lead weekly status meetings with customers and team to assess progress against plan
- Contribute to company growth through the creation and sharing of knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices based on project experiences
- Perform activities associated with the management of the project team which may include: establishing goals, monitoring performance, and providing individual performance input to Practice Manager
- In addition to working on billable client projects, the Project Manager may also assist as needed on pre-sales activities such as requirements gathering, preparing Statements of Work, and delivering proposals
- Requires solid functional and technical knowledge of enterprise software applications as well as SDLC methodologies
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze complex customer problems; ability translate customer needs into detailed requirements; ability to design and build solutions that address customer needs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion on-time and within budget and deal with delicate issues concerning budget, time, and quality
- Must be able to engage in technical discussions with clients and internal team about project requirements and challenges and drive resolution; requires familiarity with:
- Operating systems including Windows, Unix, and Linux
- Databases including SQL, Oracle and DB2
Minimum of 5 years (8 years preferred) of Project Management experience through full SDLC of enterprise software applications
Previous client management, consulting, or systems integration experience is a strong plus; experience in matrix management; experience deploying or integrating with Siebel, Clarify, Kana, Talisma, or other CRM applications will be useful; experience with natural language products, enterprise search technologies, or knowledge management systems is a plus (Knova/Kanisa, ATG/Primus, InQuira, Verity, Endeca, RightNow, etc.)
Bachelors degree(s) (or equivalent) desired; PMI certification is a strong plus
Office Location: KANA's US headquarters is located in Sunnyvale, CA and there are office locations in Overland Park, KS and Chicago, IL. US location is flexible and KANA provides a generous home office arrangement if applicable. For this position we are looking for candidates in the Denver metro area.
KANA Total Rewards: KANA offers a highly competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package including a very competitive commission program.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.