Consultant - Developer ( Experienced Opportunity) Multiple Roles
- Overland Park, KS
KANA understands the value of great Customer Service experiences. We know every channel through which a customer communicates with—and about—your brand. We provide on-premises and cloud solutions for large enterprises and mid-market organizations. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, Web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter scores (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises – including many of the Fortune 500 and more than 250 government agencies. At KANA, we help create differentiated and personalized customer experiences that count. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide across EMEA, APAC and North America. www.kana.com
The Consultant - Developer opportunity is open is both San Diego, CA, and Overland Park, KS.
- Develop code in accordance with team standards
- Build appropriate testing tools/scripts for code developed
- Generate documentation for code developed
- Participate in roll-out and support
- J2EE – Experience with Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Web Services (or similar technologies in another language such as .NET)
- Frameworks – Familiarity with MVC, Persistence and other development frameworks (Struts v1.1 and higher, Hibernate, Velocity, log4j, AJAX, Maven, Spring)
- Design Patterns – Familiarity with Design Patterns (Singleton, DAO, Façade, Factory Lookup, etc.)
- OS – Windows and Linux/Unix Platform experience
- Batch Scripting – Csh or Bash or DOS Batch scripting
- Database – Oracle or SQL Server or DB2 or MySQL or PostGreSQL
- VBScript, XML, XSL/XSLT, Ant, CSS
- Ruby on Rails, C/C++, C#, VB, .NET, VB, Perl, PHP, Microsoft developer studio and tools
- Web Servers (Apache or Netscape), Content Switch/Load balancer, Tomcat 4.x and higher App Server, Eclipse IDE, Visual Source Safe and/or CVS for configuration management, Knowledge Management experience (Kanisa), Netegrity, LDAP, AD (Active Directory), IIS
- Linux, Unix – HP, RS6000 (IBM), Solaris, AIX
- Online forums experience, Online collaboration experience, RSS/Wikis/Blogs, Systems integration experience, Workflow experience, Localization experience (Localizing an application).
- 2 – 6 years relevant experience:
- 5+ years in a J2EE environment
- Bachelors degree(s) or equivalent experience required
- There is a degree of flexibility in the location of this role. We are particularly interested in candidates based in the Kansas City area. The successful candidate will work out of our Overland Park KS office.
- The successful candidate will be expected to spend periods working on customer sites depending on opportunities and partner requirements. Customer sites can be anywhere we have client business to conduct however we expect this role to require travel mainly throughout North America. This role typically involves between 25% - 30% travel but could require more depending on the client.
Duration and Salary:
- This is a permanent full time position. In addition to an excellent salary the remuneration package includes excellent company benefits.
- KANA offers a competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer