Technical Support Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
KANA understands the value of great Customer Service experiences. We know every channel through which a customer communicates with—and about—your brand. We provide on-premises and cloud solutions for large enterprises and mid-market organizations. By unifying and maintaining context for customer journeys across agent, Web, social and mobile experiences, KANA solutions have reduced handling time, increased resolution rates and improved net promoter scores (NPS) at more than 900 enterprises – including many of the Fortune 500 and more than 250 government agencies. At KANA, we help create differentiated and personalized customer experiences that count. KANA is based in Silicon Valley, California and has offices worldwide across EMEA, APAC and North America. www.kana.com
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a company that is charting new territory and going through phenomenal growth then this is the place for you! You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world’s best-known brands and industry thought leaders to shape the future of customer experience management while enjoying a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged.
The range of responsibilities will include:
- Support customers, partners and sales engineers via the Web, telephone and E-mail to resolve their issues related to KANA products.
- Reproduce problems to determine the cause and solution.
- Manage escalation of high profile cases to resolution working with Engineering and various departments within KANA.
- Author and edit technical documents (FAQ’s, Wiki's and Resolutions).
- Mentor junior staff on customer management, queue management and technical troubleshooting.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and persistence in problem solving
- MS SQLServer, IBM DB2 or Oracle Database experience (MS SQL Server 2005 and above / Oracle 10g and above)
- Strong SQL and ODBC experience
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Servers or UNIX or IBM AIX Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of MS IIS
- Basic Internet connectivity/networking troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Web browser technologies and web application servers such as Web sphere and Web logic
- Understanding programming concepts and Object Oriented Design
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 4 years experience supporting products in the software industry with 2 years supporting enterprise level products desired
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust priorities in a fast paced environment
- Self starter with outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- VBA coding and troubleshooting knowledge a plus
- Hands on Web experience with HTML, Java-Script and ASP a plus
- Email knowledge of MAPI and POP3/SMTP
- Java AWT and Swing experience
- Fluency in Japanese, Chinese or Korean languages
The Company will interview only those candidates who appear from the information provided on their application form, to meet a minimum of all of the essential criteria. Please note desirable criteria may be applied if necessary.
Travel: Occasional travel will be required
Location: This position will be based in either the Sunnyvale CA or Bedford locations.
Duration: This is a full time, permanent position.
Compensation: KANA offers a highly competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package.
To apply for these exciting roles please visit the careers section of our website www.kana.com to apply online.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.@kana.com