[2022-2023] KIPP NYC Emerging Leader
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: School Leadership
- Start Date: Next year opening
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of eight elementary schools, nine middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Forward, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 9,350 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 850. KIPP NYC is continuing to grow and opened two new middle schools and an elementary school August 2021!
The KIPP NYC Emerging Leaders program is geared towards supporting novice leaders in developing adaptive and technical skills. The Emerging Leaders program operates within a set of KIPP NYC leadership development programs, all with the goal of strengthening the leadership pipeline and developing a transparent pathway to leadership. Emerging Leaders are full-time members of their school and will have opportunities to practice the skills and competencies guiding the Emerging Leaders program.
As part of your application, you will be required to submit short response questions reflecting on the KIPP Leadership Readiness Criteria. Please refer to the KIPP NYC Leadership Rubric & KIPP Leadership Framework and Competency Model while answering these questions.
You can review the application components here.
- In order to be a competitive candidate for Emerging Leaders, we prefer that you have not yet held a formal leadership position but have taken on a large project or responsibilities to gain leadership experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in KIPP NYC
- Demonstrated success planning initiatives that impact a school community
- An analytical view of tracking progress toward goals
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Extreme flexibility to accommodate multiple priorities and a strong work ethic to accommodate high level of responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of students within our KIPP NYC communities and/or meeting goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an anti-racist organization that believes in the importance of being diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are committed to creating a welcoming environment that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving students and families throughout New York City. BIPOC, women, gender expansive, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.