Regional Community Impact Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
- Department: Regional Support and Leadership
- Start Date: Immediate opening
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/.
The Regional Community Impact Manager will be part of a statewide team that works together to build and mobilize strong advocates for big and little KIPPsters. The ideal candidate will have some experience in grassroots organizing, public policy, political involvement, and/or training. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about the mission of KIPP Texas, who is driven to speak out and seek change in public life, and who has the skills necessary to build strong relationships.
The Community Impact Manager will:
- Be an enthusiastic relationship-builder, a strong verbal and written communicator, and an excellent ambassador for KIPP Texas Public Schools;
- Connect elected officials at all levels of government to big and little KIPPsters and empower their voices through training, mentorship and preparation
- Together with the Community Impact team, identify, train and mobilize effective advocates (parents, alumni, teachers and administrators, students, board members, and external supporters);
- Be deeply involved in local governmental entities and policies that impact big and little KIPPsters. Represent KIPP Texas Public Schools at various public, professional and government events such as local council meetings, legislative hearings and board meetings;
- Create and manage action campaigns relating to relevant political or policy issues in your region that impact big and little KIPPsters;
- Maintain strong collaboration with other KIPP Texas departments and with external partners.
- Plan and execute events (virtually and in-person)
- Maintain detailed records and correspondence to measure Community Impact efforts.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma; undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience in organizing, advocacy, community relations, or policy
- Experience building new programming and initiatives
- Commitment to and understanding of the mission and vision of KIPP Texas
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to work
- Self-confidence, initiative, and willingness to engage with stakeholders from all political and ideological backgrounds
- Track record of relationship-building in this community; experience engaging with local government
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.