- Ottawa, Canada
Our restoration client is growing again. If you meet the requirements below - have a great attitude, tons of initiative and not afraid of hard work, then send us your resume! This is a great opportunity for learning, growth and advancement!
1. Position Summary:
A Restoration Technician should be able, under the appropriate supervision, to complete all phases of the job from the paperwork through to completion. Due to the nature of the work, often the job sites will be dirty, possibly cold or wet and sometimes unsanitary. All attempts will be made to accommodate requests of workers exposed to these conditions. The work can be very challenging, fun and rewarding. A good attitude, professional work practices and a desire to help people in need are requirements for the job. Be advised, this is not a Monday to Friday, 9 – 5 job!
The Restoration Technician’s role is to perform the day-to-day restoration tasks as assigned by the Operations Department which may include, but is not restricted to, the following duties:
Water Damage Duties:
- Water extraction and removal of water damaged materials.
- Follow written procedures for emergency services.
- Move affected contents.
- Set up and monitor drying equipment.
- Application of antimicrobial products.
- Keep the job sites clean and professional.
- Being available for routine on call rotational emergency services and after-hours work.
- To participate in demolition, remediation, cleaning, packing, moving and being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site.
- Updating the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager on any changes in details of projects.
- Customer Service
- Following written production procedures.
- Daily completion and tracking of job paperwork, timecards, checkout forms, vehicle records and other necessary paperwork.
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Vehicle general maintenance and cleaning.
- Facility janitorial work as requested.
- Responsible for providing constructive feedback as to how the company can:
- Provide better service
- Improve efficiency
- Improve the quality of the finished product.
- Assistance with Contents and Cleaning services as required.
- Carpet cleaning duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager.
Education, knowledge and experience required:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in insurance restoration and/or construction
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related building codes
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Insurance, Commercial Experience or IICRC Certifications are considered an asset
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Must lift heavy items up to 50lbs on a routine basis.
- The workspace may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould and mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions. Protective gear is available for use and is required on some heavily contaminated work sites.
- To report for work with CSA approved safety footwear and to wear this footwear at all times.
- Must be inoculated against Tetanus and Hepatitis A & B.
- To attend and actively participate in on-going training and certification as needed and to make every effort to attempt to pass any exams that may be required.
4. Competencies required to succeed:
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- High Attention to Detail