- Grande Prairie, Canada
KJ Recruiting (KJR) is a national professional search and HR consulting firm in the insurance/restoration industry.
KJR remains committed to excellence in everything we do. Our firm’s mission is to become true strategic business partners with our clients. This will be achieved through our deep understanding of both the culture and business needs of this specialized industry.
We care about our candidates and where we place them. Our relationships are built on trust, integrity and confidentiality. Our promise is that we guide our candidates in their career choices. We not only ensure that our candidates are the right fit for our client but that our client is the right fit for our candidates.
Connecting Top Talent With Employers of Choice
The property adjuster is responsible for assisting with the timely & thorough investigation, negotiation and settlement of complex domestic property/liability claims such as sophisticated fraud, arson or other criminal acts; large complex commercial losses involving multiple coverage lines, and building contents.
The successful candidate will be accountable for providing high quality customer service and will be expected to act decisively, and work with a high degree of autonomy, within established authority.
• Assemble information on new, transferred and ongoing claims for the purposes of evaluating the scope of the loss and determining appropriate coverage and indemnification to effectively manage loss and expense costs
• Complete detailed field investigations including scene investigations, scope of the loss, and photos (interior and exterior of property)
• Meet with or contact all relevant parties, obtaining appropriate reports and statements from appraisers/preferred contractors, claimants, insured’s, insurers, and witnesses
• Responsible for applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties and documenting claims files
• Following company and client standards/formats, write and submit notes that are concise, objective and thought through, grammatically correct, and well argued, providing clear indications of the status and progress of the claim
• Analyzes information gathered on coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted
• Interpret insurance policy wordings; determine policy coverage’s and reserves and processes payment within established authority levels
• Negotiation and resolution with clients, claimants, legal representatives, and/or service suppliers
• When required participate in dispute resolution process, discoveries, and make court appearances
• Mobility is important as travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours
- Participate in Emergency Claims Service rotation to support after hours claims service to clients
Competencies required to succeed
• Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
• Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with adjusting staff, clients and insured claimants
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
- sense of urgency
• Proven ability to consistently demonstrate high attention to detail with quality outcomes
• Exceptional organizational skills to manage a variety of tasks on a daily basis with the ability to effectively manage changing priorities
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (contributing to team objectives)
• Ability to learn new systems and technology
• Resourcefulness to act in a situation without direction in the facilitation of delivery of claim requirements to maintain legal and client compliance
• Mathematical aptitude in order to calculate benefits entitlements
Education, knowledge and experience required
• University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
• Minimum 3 years experience adjusting property/casualty claims in the field
• In depth knowledge of repair and remediation techniques
• Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to learn new technical systems
• Demonstrate an understanding of privacy requirements in claims handling
• Working knowledge of financial statements and accounting records relevant to claims
All applications are kept in the strictest of confidence.