The property adjuster is responsible for assisting with the timely & thorough investigation, negotiation and settlement of complex domestic property/liability claims such as sophisticated fraud, arson or other criminal acts; large complex commercial losses involving multiple coverage lines, and building contents.
The successful candidate will be accountable for providing high quality customer service and will be expected to act decisively, and work with a high degree of autonomy, within established authority.
• Assemble information on new, transferred and ongoing claims for the purposes of evaluating the scope of the loss and determining appropriate coverage and indemnification to effectively manage loss and expense costs
• Complete detailed field investigations including scene investigations, scope of the loss, and photos (interior and exterior of property)
• Meet with or contact all relevant parties, obtaining appropriate reports and statements from appraisers/preferred contractors, claimants, insured’s, insurers, and witnesses
• Responsible for applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties and documenting claims files
• Following company and client standards/formats, write and submit notes that are concise, objective and thought through, grammatically correct, and well argued, providing clear indications of the status and progress of the claim
• Analyzes information gathered on coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted
• Interpret insurance policy wordings; determine policy coverage’s and reserves and processes payment within established authority levels
• Negotiation and resolution with clients, claimants, legal representatives, and/or service suppliers
• When required participate in dispute resolution process, discoveries, and make court appearances
• Mobility is important as travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours
- Participate in Emergency Claims Service rotation to support after hours claims service to clients