Front End Web Developer
- Boston, MA
Karmaloop.com is a multiplatform e-commerce company specializing in urban fashion.
We are located in an awesome office in Downtown Boston directly next to the Arlington T stop on Boylston Street. Our offices overlook the Boston Common and we pride ourselves on our employee culture.
Employees can bring small dogs to work, work flexible hours, and will experience an exciting work environment that includes a TV studio, model photo rooms and art from famous street artists. Our site currently gets over a billion hits a year.
You'll be working closely with the rest of the development team as well as with the marketing team to plan, execute, and test improvements and additions to our websites.
- Work with the rest of the development team and marketing team members to understand project objectives and plan and execute accordingly.
- Communicate ideas clearly and in a manner that can be understood by non-techie personnel.
- You must be able to provide code samples or links to websites that you've worked on.
- Ability to work in a team environment, from making pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements to integrating code with the back-end development team.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop; able to cutup comps from the design team.
- HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Be responsible for uploading maintaining graphic content.
Have experience with:
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files
- Git or other version control system
- Responsive Design, Media Queries, and Grid systems
- Search engine optimization basics
- Standards-compliant code
- Integrating HTML/CSS into ASP.NET/MVC/Razor environment using Visual Studio
- Content minification using Chirpy or other method
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline. Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position