E-Mail Marketing Director
- Boston, MA
Karmaloop is an online re-seller of name brand underground streetwear & fashion. We’re sort of a big deal. We are located in an awesome new office in Downtown Boston, Massachusetts directly next to the Arlington T stop on Boylston St. The developer team room overlooks the Commons. We pride ourselves on our employee culture. Employees can bring small dogs to work, work flexible hours, and will experience an exciting work environment that includes a tv studio, model photo rooms and art from some famous street artists. The technical challenges here are vast, and you’ll get experience working in a very high hit web environment.
PLNDR.com (pronounced "plunder"), owned by Karmaloop.com, is a members-only men's and women's "flash sale" online boutique that hosts limited-time sales of more than 80 percent off on the best in premium apparel, footwear and accessories by leading lifestyle and street wear brands. The site debuted in May 2010 and is the fastest-growing segment in the Karmaloop.com family. To date, PLNDR has established ongoing partnerships with more than 400 brands including top-sellers like Crooks & Castles, Obey, WeSC, Motel Rocks and Married To The Mob, boasting a current membership of 2.3 million users and counting.
We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager, E-Commerce, to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing extensive and dynamic email marketing programs across a portfolio of different brands. The position calls for a strategic e-commerce marketer who can independently manage multiple campaigns and programs simultaneously, optimizing the customer segmentation for each.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan and execute comprehensive marketing strategies with specific goals for e-Commerce.
- Plan for growth of CRM email programs, identifying new opportunities to improve ROI through new products and/or improved contact strategies.
- Ensure quality execution of regular CRM communications, newsletters, and campaigns while driving new customer activation, retention and loyalty programs
- Continually test and refine with an eye toward increased revenue and/or engagement
- Improve brand recognition, customer acquisition, and conversion.
- Refine marketing segmentation strategy within specific member bases and across the portfolio
- Understand and communicate business trends and program performance to senior management team
- Sponsor cross-functional CRM projects while maintaining good relationships with stakeholders from editorial, sales, product, design and marketing.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current business policies/procedures and operations while determining optimal program execution methods.
- Oversee policies that run across initiatives
- Oversee internal email, member, and reporting systems
- Work with a proprietary email platform and mailing system
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in email marketing, running large, complex email programs
- Bachelors degree required, MBA with a focus on marketing preferred
- E-Commerce and/or merchandising experience preferred
- Experience integrating email with social media, search, and other channels.
- Strategic thinker with experience planning and implementing new marketing programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and time-management skills
- Comfort with proprietary systems vs. outsourcing; ability to write specs a plus
- Strong analytic capabilities required, both quantitative and qualitative
- Skill managing both the big picture and fine details
- Teamwork skills essential