- Boston, MA
Karmaloop.com is a multi-platformed web retailer specializing in global urban fashion. The Karmaloop family of sites includes online retailer Karmaloop, PLNDR, Brick Harbor, MissKL, KL Europe and KarmaloopTV.
PLNDR.com, Karmaloop’s members-only site, is changing the way young people shop. We have over 3.6 million members and 800 clothing brands who cater to verge culture. PLNDR.com (pronounced "plunder") is a members-only men's and women's "flash sale" online boutique that hosts limited-time sales of more than 80 percent off on the best in premium apparel, footwear and accessories by leading lifestyle and street wear brands.
We are located in an awesome new office in Downtown Boston directly next to the Arlington T stop on Boylston Street. Our offices overlook the Boston Common and we pride ourselves on our employee culture. Employees can bring small dogs to work, work flexible hours, and will experience an exciting work environment that includes a TV studio, model photo rooms and art from famous street artists. Our sites receive millions of unique visitors per month.
If you are interested in a challenging new opportunity read on. We are looking for talented professionals for our Systems Administrator role who will join our team and hit the ground running. You will help us optimize the use of computing and communication technology in our highly dynamic, fasted based downtown Boston location. In this role you will have your hands deep in the technology and the ability to help grow an industry leading e-commerce web site with millions of page views per day. The technical challenges here are vast, and you’ll get experience working in a very high traffic E-Commerce web environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience building & managing Microsoft Windows operating systems in a large scale enterprise environment
- Minimum 3 years of operations experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft & infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP
- Experience working with offsite hosted Exchange services
- Experience building and managing VMWare solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Must be capable of lifting computers and printers up to 50lbs
- Experience working in 24x7, 99.99% uptime facilities.
- Experience installing and configuring IIS 6.0\7.0 in a load balanced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency on Web-based application architectures, TCP/IP.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate in team
- Ability to provide 2nd tier support for helpdesk escalations on Windows/MAC platforms
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to systematically trouble-shoot and resolve issues and diagnose connectivity issues
- Work with Cloud Service Provider troubleshooting and maintaining production environments
- Participate in the recommendation and implementation of technology upgrades
- Daily monitoring and reporting of production systems (availability, backups, etc.)
- Maintain operational stability, and disaster recovery capability
- Support, maintain & upgrade servers, email and phone systems
- Work with in-house developers and DBA's for software releases to the production server farm
- Create and maintain procedural documentation
- Participate in shared after-hours on-call support coverage
- Provide quality telephone and in-person desktop computer support, including analysis and resolution of hardware and software related issues, maintenance, upgrades, configuration, and installation of laptop and desktop computer systems
- Ability to travel regionally as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- SonicWall Firewall, Cisco Firewall & VPN experience
- Basic Layer 3 knowledge
- Scripting / Automation Skills
- Experience with IP Monitoring, Network Analysis tools (Cisco/HP)
- Experience with installation/configuration of Linux and MYSQL, specifically for WordPress
- Full device encryption solutions experience (Symantec)
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- Self-driven, and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Independent, innovative, cost-conscious problem-solver
- Willingness to take on responsibility and accountability
- Curiosity & desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technology; Self-starter
- Reliable and dedicated, deadline-oriented