- Cincinnati, OH
Kenra Professional® is a growing Indianapolis-based, privately held professional beauty company that is dedicated to providing performance-driven hair care products that give our loyal stylists and customers the trust and confidence to achieve their desired style. Our products are developed and manufactured to exceptionally high standards and can be found in quality salons throughout North America. The Kenra Professional Team is an industry leader and our continued success stems from our culture that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration and responsibility for sales performance. We pride ourselves on being the best team in the industry and constantly strive to improve as professionals and individuals.
Kenra Professional is actively seeking an outstanding leader to join our high performing team as Director of Tactical Marketing for the Professional Channel. The ideal candidiate would reside in Indianapolis,IN, Chicago, IL Cinncinati, OH or Columbus, OH. This leadership position would be responsible for developing vision and strategy for the Professional Channel and implementing that strategy through effective channel brand plans, ensuring that the tactics are executed effectively, and by maintaining and facilitating our existing strong customer partnerships.
The Director of Tactical Marketing we seek is not only a great leader but is an experienced and talented business manager. Through our established channel brand planning process this leadership position will enable the sales team to drive sales demand within the Professional Channel, focusing on key market segments and geographic territories throughout North American. Working closely with the Kenra Professional Sales Team, Artistic and Education Team, and the Strategic Marketing Team directors, this position will develop aligned plans that incorporate artistic campaigns, new product launch campaigns, and further the overall strategies within applicable market segments in the professional channel.
The beauty Industry is a relationship-based market and to be successful the Director of Tactical Marketing must be passionate about all relationships at every level throughout the Company and the Industry. This leader must be able to truly understand the needs, desires, and key-influencers of stylists and their clients in order to create effective strategies and compelling tactical plans for engaging and inspiring our customers. Because Relationships are a key core value of the Company and of the Sales Team, the position will also lead many important long standing customer relationships and will be responsible for ensuring those relationships are respected and safeguarded.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as an authority and promoter of the Brand, ensuring consistent brand expression through all consumer and cultural touch points, both external and internal.
- Develop and present to Executive Team a rolling 6 month strategic Professional Channel Brand Plan to drive store/retail traffic, profitable sales, build salon loyalty, and engage the target customer with the brand.
- Develop and execute approved and measurable multi-category and/or cross-category, channel-specific, product, promotional, and merchandising marketing programs that tie back to brand strategy and business goals and are driven by campaigns, not just a promotional calendar.
- Lead a team to conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation, and consumer insight development as well as analysis of customer/market trends, post-campaign analysis, and product launch postmortems.
- Define product strategies and road maps for hero products, new product launches, and other key products within the professional channel.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and New Product Development teams to ensure efficient forecasting and promotional functions.
- Work closely with Creative to develop effective and clear marketing material focusing on connecting the applicable target (stylist or end consumer) with our lines and overall brand positioning, and to create shop-able merchandising pieces that resonate and speak to the stylist in a retail environment.
- Build a strong relationship with the distributor partners and their buying and marketing teams through strong and clear articulation of our go-to-market strategy and objectives to ensure full participation in our initiatives and product programs.
- Lead the tactical brand team through Vision, Communication, Alignment, Engagement, and Accountability by first developing and implementing the structure and processes for the tactical brand team, including roles and responsibilities and customer communication expectations.
- Experience in developing and executing channel specific brand strategy that aligns with overall strategic brand strategy.
- Experience successfully developing and leading team.
- Ability to critically analyze trends and results of sales data, create thoughtful forecasting models, marketing budgets, and ROI analysis.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills, with an aptitude for presenting.
- Understanding of and familiarity with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Have a true passion for the beauty Industry.
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching.
- Exceptional organization, structure and communication skills.
- Easily adaptable to change.
- Travel at least 30% of the time as duties require- including weekends.
- Understand and identify with the key values of integrity, passion, relationships, contribution and growth.
To learn more about our Company go to www.kenra.com.
No telephone calls, faxes, walk-ins or agencies please.
Kenra Professional is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other category protected by law.