Fashion Photography Studio Intern - Summer 2013
- Brooklyn, NY
Kevin Michael Reed Studio, Inc is the production company for award-winning, fashion and beauty photographer and director Kevin Michael Reed (www.kevinmichaelreed.com). The studio produces still and motion projects for Kevin Michael Reed and several other photographers. Headquartered in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NYC and with an international roster of clients, the company's projects have spanned the globe from New York to Miami to Los Angeles to India and China.
The Kevin Michael Reed Studio, Inc internship program provides mentoring, education and practical learning experience for outstanding candidates interested in gaining insight into the business of fashion photography. Unlike many internships, we teach you - you are not treated like a free employee, we have weekly "instructional discussions" and give you hands on experience in the day to day operations, as well as on-set operations, of a photography studio.
Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the photographer and team on a daily basis on pre-production, post production and office work.
- Working with the photographer and team researching and creating estimates for jobs.
- Typing documents, faxing, emailing and general studio communications.
- Scheduling castings, meetings and private shoots.
- Answering telephones, handling basic inquiries, etc.
- Assisting Production Manager in pulling permits and securing locations.
- Assist on tests, editorials and commercial projects.
- Doing photographic lighting tests.
- Learning how to conceptualize sets, sketch them, present them to the client, and build them.
- Work with photographer on email, direct mail and web marketing campaigns.
- Researching prospects & list building.
- Get real on-set experience and meet talented working professionals.
The ideal candidate for this competitive internship is a photography major (other related careers will be accepted as well, including advertising, fashion design, marketing) who is an outgoing, people person with a good head on their shoulders. You must be willing to learn and have a desire to do great things in the fields of advertising, marketing, fashion or photography. Individuals must be team players, organized and able to multi-task many projects at once.
Must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in an accredited college program. Our internships require a 4 month commitment. All interns must be available 2-3 days per week from 11AM to 7PM, exact hours and days are negotiable for the right candidate. Interns must live in the New York metropolitan area and not have a problem getting to Greenpoint, Brooklyn on work days. Interns have access to studios and equipment after hours and on weekends.
Our Summer Internship Program runs from May thru August, 2013.
This is an unpaid internship. We will comply with your school's regulations so you can earn credit for your internship. We have been approved by most of New York City's colleges as a valid internship program.