PeopleSoft Application DBA/Infrastructure Technical Lead
- Dayton, OH
If you are wanting to work for an innovative company in a growing market, one with cutting-edge technology and a committment to professional development and training then you should take a look at this great opportunity!
Our client is looking to bring aboard a PeopleSoft Application DBA/Infrastructure Technical Lead. The focus of this position is to provide Oracle application DBA expertise to both the PeopleSoft HR and Finance systems and teams as well as responsibility for the management and oversight of the PeopleSoft HR Infrastructure and System Administration resources and deliverables. This client is introducing new technologies, is engaged in global implementations and much more!
Interface directly with Service Providers to leverage defined work requirements and deliverables.Provides Oracle Application DBA technical expertise, delivery and thought leadership within the PeopleSoft HR, Portal and Finance Application suites, version 9.0+.
- Interface directly with Service Providers to leverage defined work requirements and deliverables.
- Manages the PeopleSoft HR-related Infrastructure; all facets from sizing to ongoing maintenance.
- Manages PeopleSoft HR System Administration activities with resource oversight.
- Acts as the primary contact for PeopleSoft HR technical strategy and vision setting in the HR Infrastructure space.
- Manages the procurement lifecycle including the research and associated sizings with the purchase of PeopleSoft and Oracle Database hardware, including ongoing sizing requirements for Oracle database architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years experience required including previous PeopleSoft HR implementation(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead major technical project design, engineering and integration efforts with strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*DBA, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Programming, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, Oracle Express Analyzer and Administrator, PeopleTools, Oracle RDBMS 10g/11g, PeopleSoft HR and Financials 9.0 application familiarity, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems, such as Redhat Linux 4-5.6, DOS, Windows 2008, Windows 7.
- Extensive hands on experience with PeopleSoft Infrastructure and PeopleSoft System Administration area.
- Extensive performance tuning of PeopleSoft application components and Oracle databases.
- Current experience with latest PeopleTools and Oracle database.
- Current experience with leveraging ongoing maintenance on Oracle databases in a PeopleSoft Context.
- Working knowledge of Physical Database Server Architectural requirements.
- Working knowledge of Archive technologies and strategies.