Assistant Store Manager
- Richmond, Canada
We are currently hiring a full-time Buyer. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position will be for responsible for procuring produce of the utmost quality, while negotiating with an aggressive cost strategy. The successful candidate will work at the Greenfield head office with travel to the company's chain stores and vendors.
Responsibilities of Assistant Store Managers include but not limited to the followings:
1. Assists the Store Manager to plan, organize, direct and execute activities related to produce display, receiving, daily operations ...etc of Kin's Farm retail stores and to create a good customer experience.
2. Provides guidance to employees queries related to the operation and safety of the workplace.
3. Participates in hiring, training and reviewing of new hires; supervises employees in accordance to Kin's ways of operations.
4. Prepares employee work schedules according to company standards and individual store needs.
5. Provides timely response to head office and participates in company meetings, including e.g. store management meetings, general meetings at head office, mall meetings.
6. Works closely with Head Office and Store Team on marketing, promoting and selling of Kin's products.
7. Maintains inventory level, spoilage, supplies according to company standards. Monitor and maintain maintenance log records.
8. Maintains the sanitation and cleanliness of the store and office areas.
Ideal applicants should possess the following qualifications:
1. Reliable, hard working, motivated with a "can do" attitude
2. Honest and customer service oriented
3. Be prepared to roll up their sleeves, learn the basics and get things done, some heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and hands-on dealing with produce is required
4. Be flexible to work in shifts, including weekends and evening hours
5. Able to understand and communicate well in English
6. Willing to relocate to any assigned store located in lower mainland, if necessary
7. Some supervisory and retail experience would be an asset
We offer competitive compensation and benefit package including full MSP coverage and group insurance coverage, vacation pay, employee discount and car allowance.
If you would like to be part of the company, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@kinsfarmmarket.com. Please quote "AM-HO" in the subject line.
***Please make sure your resume is in either .doc or .pdf format, otherwise we cannot guarantee that your application can be reviewed***
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.