Director of Administration & Financial Systems
- Lancaster, PA
Since 1989 Kirby Partners has recruited exclusively for Healthcare Information Technology professionals with hospitals, healthcare systems and consulting firms.
We have a proven track record of success filling senior IT positions. Whether you need assistance immediately filling key positions for your organization or are aspiring to a new career opportunity, contact us today to discover how Kirby Partners’ commitment to relationships and results will make you successful.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH:
- Lancaster General Health (LGH) is a two hospital 623 bed [Lancaster General Hospital (535 beds) and Women’s and Babies Hospital (88 beds)] regional non-profit healthcare system located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Other system organizations include: VNA Community Care Services; Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, in partnership with Centerre-Healthcare; and Lancaster General Medical Group, comprised of more than 150 family doctors and specialists and more than 20 offices throughout the area.
- Lancaster General Health has received the prestigious designation of being a top 100 hospital in six of the last seven years
- Lancaster General Hospital attained Magnet Recognition for the third time in 2011 as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program. This voluntary credentialing program for hospitals recognizes excellence in nursing and is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Lancaster General Hospital as a "high-performing" hospital in the Lancaster metro region for the care of Diabetes & Endocrinology, Ear, Nose & Throat, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Orthopedics and Urology.
- U.S. News Media Group released its list of "U.S. News Top Doctors," which includes 11 physicians on the Medical Dental Staff of Lancaster General Hospital.
- Lancaster General Health ranked 53rd in the 2012 Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks, improving over the previous year's 75th place ranking. On a more local level, the health system placed seventh in the northeast region. This improvement is due in part to LG Health's investment in EPIC and its plan to participate in bundled payments.
- Lancaster General Health is a member of the Brookings-Dartmouth ACO Learning Network, a group of more than 125 organizations nationwide dedicated to improving the quality and value of the nation’s healthcare.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- Lancaster General Health expects to achieve HIMSS Level 6 by February or March of 2013 and will pursue a goal of obtaining HIMSS Level 7 status in the following 12 months. Less than 2% of the hospitals in the United States have achieved Level 7 status.
- Enormous amounts of change are taking place throughout the hospital and within the IT department – their most recent endeavor consisted of a $100 million dollar Epic install.
- Lancaster General Health is a large service provider of Epic’s EMR product (13 offices and 126 independent providers) and McKesson’s PACS’ system (2 offices, and 34 independent providers).
- One third of LGH’s primary care physicians work for the hospital.
- They are building a top in class healthcare IT department.
- LGH is a financially sound healthcare system.
- LGH is looking to leverage it’s investments in IT and understands the importance of IT to support the current and future needs of the healthcare system.
- Primary responsibilities will include Epic revenue cycle, ERP, and the Director will be a key participant in LGH’s ICD-10 efforts.
- This Director will report to the Vice President, Information Technology Operations.
- 50 people will report to this Director, including 6 managers.
- Will work closely with the CFO, VP of Financial Services, VP of Revenue Services, VP of Finance – physician services, physicians, and executives.
- The Director of Administrative and Financial Systems will be responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of all activities related to the implementation and support of Revenue Cycle Management, Administration, and Financial systems at LGH.
- Ensures that LGH’s continuum of services is considered in the provision of best practice IT management.
- Accountable for the management of applications and technology supporting the following operational areas:
o Revenue Cycle Access
o Revenue Cycle Billing and Claims
o Reporting Services
o Enterprise Document Imaging and Faxing Solutions Interfaces
o Administrative and Financial Applications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with operational area managers, directors, and senior level management.
- Support governance committee activities including generation of agendas, slides, and presentation of materials.
- Driving change through the use and adoption of system functionality.
- Getting acclimated to Lancaster General Health and the culture.
- Prioritization of projects.
- Staff mentoring.
- Mentoring of managers. Developing a high performing group which performs as a close knit team.
- Forming strong relationships with supported operational areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; a Science degree with a focus on automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years working in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a formal Project Management role.
- Technical knowledge should include experience with integration/interfacing and significant conversions.
- Significant experience in system problem solving and solution analysis, vendor management, system implementation including all aspects of system testing in a healthcare environment.
- Documented success in leading the implementation of a complex integrated Hospital Information System is preferred.
- Revenue cycle and ERP experience is strongly preferred.
- Epic and/or Lawson experience a plus.