Patient Service Representative - Pediatrics - Full Time
- 611 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics and services provided include family medicine, internal medicine, a geriatric nurse practitioner program, home health and hospice, physical therapy, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatrics, women’s health, and urgent care.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare expects all employees to uphold our Vision & Mission. The KVH Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles can be found at http://www.kvhealthcare.org/mission-and-vision.
The Patient Service Representative is an integral part of the healthcare team. They will be responsible for reception duties, medical records, referrals, pre-authorizations, and scheduling. This position is also required to work closely with the healthcare team, KVH personnel and external customers. This position will "float" to all KVH clinics.
What is required...
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of general administrative/clerical or customer service experience
- Current computer experience (medium to expert level) in Microsoft products
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Previous cash-handling experience
What is preferred...
- Some college coursework
- Previous medical office experience with exposure to some or all of the following; medical records, insurance verification and pre-authorization fundamentals, scheduling, high-volume phone systems, medical transcription.
Wage: Wage range starts at $15.58/hour. Actual wage will be based on years' of applicable experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week
Shift: Monday - Friday; 8:00a - 5:00p
Benefits: This position is benefits eligible.