Central Sterile Processing Technician - Full Time
- 603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics and services provided include family medicine, internal medicine, a geriatric nurse practitioner program, home health and hospice, physical therapy, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatrics, women’s health, and urgent care.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare expects all employees to uphold our Vision & Mission. The KVH Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles can be found at http://www.kvhealthcare.org/mission-and-vision.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all surgical supplies, instruments and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, and distributed in accordance with governing directives, as well as, tracked in a quality and timely manner throughout the hospital and clinical areas. This position requires the ability to work independently, with confidence, and little to no supervision. This position is responsible for exercising proper ethics and etiquette when interacting with customers and staff. Additionally, he/she is responsible to act as a functional area expert on Central Sterile related issues, and acts as a resource for Central Sterile customers.
What is required...
- High School Graduate or equivalent
Above requirements and;
- One year of previous experience as Sterile Processing Technician or Surgical Technician where central sterile processing is a part of assigned duties.
- Current Washington State NAC license or current Washington State MA-C license;
- One year of previous experience as an NAC or MA-C;
- Enrollment into Purdue Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) course upon hire; completion of course is required.
Wage: Wage range starts at $14.91/hour, actual starting wage will depend on years' of applicable experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week
Shift: Primarily 10:30a - 7:00p; may change to meet the needs of the department
Benefits: This position is benefits eligible