- Kohler, WI
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at http://www.kohler.com.
Since 1873, our life’s work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today there are over 50 leading edge Kohler brands that deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path and in turn experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you’re ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
As an Industrial Designer-Kitchens you will create innovative concepts, products, services, experiences and human interfaces specific to the Sanitary Category of products. Kohler Industrial Design uses a thoughtful creative process to bring meaningful experiences through our continuous flow of new products to people. As an Industrial Designer you will have strong mentoring relationships with more experienced designers who will provide coaching on developing skills such as technical design with an emphasis towards ID theory and methods. This opportunity will give you a deeper understanding of user centered research, design trends, industry knowledge and Human Factors methods. As a designer in Kitchens you will craft designs while keeping function, task flow and the consumer’s utilization of time spent in the kitchen in mind. You will develop and utilize a strong knowledge of materials and a refinement of the design process. Strong rendering skills, 2D sketching and 3D study model experience are important for your success as a designer. In this role you will take design projects from concept through implementation with minimal guidance. An ability to clearly and completely articulate your design process and innovative ideas is essential. A passion for design, innate curiosity and dexterity of thinking will impact the success of the Kitchens category. To learn more about Kohler’s Kitchen products visit: http://bit.ly/MLNU9Y
This position is located in Kohler, WI.
Our products are enjoyable to use and enjoyable to design. The diversity of materials, and processes used in our products along with the function, size, complexity, shape and style, makes for very interesting work....an industrial designer’s playground! Join the Kitchen & Bath design team and be involved in the development of revolutionary products like the VibrAcoustic bathtub that brings the transformative power of music into the bathroom, combining music with water for a bathing experience like no other; and unique Nature’s Chemistry™ lavatories and kitchen sinks crafted from rich, organic materials.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Design innovative products and take the designs from concept through implementation.
- Understand the consumer, especially in bathroom and kitchen settings, so that functional aspects can be considered along with aesthetic needs.
- Maintain awareness of existing products and products offered in industry both in the US and in foreign markets.
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by working closely with all new product development departments, especially Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- Consistently create diverse and innovative ideas in order to inspire and stimulate meaningful products and user experiences.
- Participate in new product development activities to include execution of design research, product concept drawings, physical modeling, and product presentations.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with materials and processes used in the industry and the manufacture of Kohler plumbing products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related degree is required. Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in product design is preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in industrial design and/or product design including the demonstration of core technical skills is required. Experience that is complementary and transferable to the plumbing industry is preferred.