Customer Data Analyst
- Toronto, Canada
Do you have a passion for food? Want to be part of one of North America’s largest and most admired Food Companies? Then we want you to be part of our organization that has “the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse”. In return, we’ll help you have a satisfying career filled with opportunities. Be part of iconic brands such as Kraft, Maxwell House, Philadelphia, Jell-O, Velveeta, and Miracle Whip.
Kraft's Sales Organization is the primary link with retail customers and the consumers who buy our products every day. Critical to success is a world-class Sales organization who strives to provide the best level of service possible to meet the needs of our unique customers.
As part of the sales organization, the Retail Business Team, Customer Data Analyst (CDA) is responsible for maintaining, updating and creating insight tools for the Kraft’s retail team to leverage business analysis and insights against top categories to drive Kraft Foods and customer volume and profit growth in the stores they call on. The CDA would also coordinate sales information application and business insight development training, leads analytic support for the Customer Insights Analyst on the team, to continuously improve their analytical skill sets. The CDA is a proactive and a core member of the Customer Insights Team and Retail Business Team (RBT) with shared accountability for business results.
As the Customer Data Analyst, you will:
- Deliver/Update weekly store level reports to enhance the Sales Representatives ability to create unbiased, fact based recommendations
- Ensure the data integrity of all the reports are maintained, accurate and sound
- Work on special projects to continuously develop, simplify and enhance insight tools to create efficiency and maximize productivity for the users
- Coach and train members of the Customer Insights Analyst on the internal team to enhance their technical skills (i.e. Excel, Nielsen training, Retail Link and etc) as well as their data analytic skills
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration)
- 3 years+ Consumer Packaged Goods Industry experience working in a similar Insight function capacity
- Ability to work with large volumes of data through Access/VBA to build user friendly, point & click reporting in Excel
- Advanced skills in building databases, including building queries, tables, pivot, look up, merge tables & lists, macros, if/and statements, charting
- Strong syndicated data and consumer panel data knowledge - Nielsen Answers, Nielsen MarketTrack, Neilsen Homescan and Spectra, Retail Link, KIDs
- Strong industry/sales knowledge with emphasis on Data Analytics
- Advance working knowledge of Office suite software (i.e. Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Quantitative analysis and problem solving capability
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Approachability, Adaptability, Influencing Skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Sales experience is an asset