Big Data Technical Lead / Architect
- Bethesda, MD
Krg Tech Inc
661 367 8000 Ext 402
Job Title: Big Data Technical Lead / Architect
Location: Bethesda, MD
Duration: 6 Months
• Solid working knowledge of next generation data and analytics capabilities built on the Hadoop ecosystem.
o Understanding of design patterns, application architectures and analytics workloads including micro-services, APIs, REST, NoSQL.
• Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks and build libraries, user defined functions around Hadoop ecosystem and Spark.
• Should be able to tune Hadoop solutions to improve performance and end-user experience.
• Familiarity with Data ware Housing, ETL, BI, Visualization tools, Machine Learning
o Excellent problem solving, hands-on engineering skills and communication skills and ability to lead the team and resolve their issues.
o Interact with client for requirement understanding and status reports.
Professional Experience Preferred
• Knowledge/experience of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Azure)
• Good to have experience in Application development and deployment.
• Good to have Cloudera/Hortonworks/MapR Certification – (not mandatory)
o Good to have Core Java knowledge.
• Experience with Maven, Git
Technical Skills Required
Any combination of below technical skills
Big Data : HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Mahout, Avro, Oozie, Flume, Sqoop
Processing & Streaming : Spark, Strom, Samza, Kafka
NoSQL : Cassandra, MongoDB, Hbasess
Appliances : Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica
Languages : Java, Scala, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP
Search Servers : ElasticSearch,Lucene,Solr
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.