Systems Field Application Engineer - Colorado Springs or Denver, CO Territory
Work Location - Colorado Springs or Denver, CO area (no relocation)
iDter.com .... iDter stands for intelligent deterrence of crime. iDter is a division of Kuna Systems Corporation with headquarters in San Bruno, CA. We are on course to disrupt the commercial security market by using convolutional neural networking (AI) to automate the detection of intruders and take immediate and aggressive deterrence actions proven to thwart 98%+ of crime without human intervention. We develop, manufacture, and provide an end-to-end, security solution for commercial clients who want to put an end to crime on their property.
Our solution includes intelligent Niō guardian nodes strategically located around a commercial property, application software, and all services, including central live monitoring with police dispatch, video hosting, system configuration, and installation services to ensure a seamless solution to securing client assets and property.
The Systems Field Application Engineering position includes a competitive salary, full benefits, and stock options. We are looking for a qualified technical candidate to oversee installations and optimization of high tech, commercial security systems that use 4K cameras and artificial intelligence to detect unwanted intrusion and automatically deter the intrusion with integrated deterrence actions (flood-LEDs, red/blue strobing LEDs, automated voice-down messages, sirens, etc.). You will work individually with access to strong technical support personnel and supportive supervision. A great Systems Field Application Engineer has excellent knowledge of wireless networking technology, iOS and Android apps, and physical electronic security devices. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset, a keen eye for detail, good verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable working directly with end clients and dealers.
● Understand client requirements and how they translate to the implementation and optimization of application features
● Collaborate with a team of development and support professionals to resolve issues and optimize the application
● Oversee the installation of the system by contractors to ensure proper protocols are met (eg. placement, height, camera angles, connection techniques, networking, and proper sealants)
● Own the networking set up, performance assessment and optimization (e.g. Ethernet, WiFi, Ubiquity microwave bridges, and cellular LTE/5G)
● Initial commissioning of the system via iOS or Android devices (e.g. power up of systems, initial configuration, camera positioning, area of interest, schedules for lighting and monitoring, selection of deterrence behaviors, and deterrence specific actions)
● Conduct functional testing by creating intrusions and testing/adjusting system functionality
● Troubleshoot and debug applications
● Report system set up and performance tests to both the company and the end client
● Train the end client employees on use of the iOS/Android apps and the browser-based Customer Results Portal
● Continue to remotely monitor the system performance and assess system detection and deterrence performance
● Proven experience in implementing electronic system applications in the field
● Self-starter who inherently owns situations and takes immediate responsibility for end client satisfaction
● Comfortable interfacing with end clients and dealers
● In-depth knowledge networking technologies (e.g. Ethernet, WiFi, Ubiquity microwave, 5G)
● Excellent understanding of iOS or Android apps and browser-based cloud applications
● A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
● Great attention to detail and time-management skills
● BS in electrical engineering, computer science or relevant field experience
- Position requires 50% local travel, 25% out of state travel, and 25% home office.
- Competitive salary, full benefits, stock options
Check out our website at www.idter.com and www.getkuna.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.