- Buffalo, NY
Since 1961, LPCiminelli has been achieving award winning results for institutional and commercial clients. Whether implementing comprehensive energy improvement programs, constructing complex research facilities or managing a design-build-finance program to build state-of-the-art facilities –we're committed to achieving the highest quality strategic outcomes.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded by clients and industry partners alike for our integrity and ingenuity. We began as a general contracting firm and have grown to become a top echelon national construction group with annual revenues of $400 million.
Today, LPCiminelli is comprised of three major parts: our construction management group, with sound oversight of construction projects through integrated service offerings; our general contracting group, one of the few firms nationwide to be ISO 9001:2008-certifiedand our solutions group, which focuses on program management, public-private partnerships and innovative sustainable energy solutions, including the $1.45 billion Buffalo Public Schools Reconstruction Program.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Compile and verify monthly billings for clients, enter all related data into the Timberline system, produce bills and forward to client with all related backup; track receipt of the same
- Review subcontractor invoices for completeness, inclusion of lien waiver, and consistency with initial contacted amounts; interface with project managers as needed to ensure accuracy of the information
- Prepare subcontractor invoices for insurance, closeout paperwork on a weekly basis; coordinate with project managers for payment authorization, and prepare reports for reach project tallying all subcontractor payouts
- Receive verified contracts and change orders from operations staff and enter them into the Timberline system
- Field, analyze and resolve accounts receivable-related issues that arise, striving always to create win-win solutions delivered in a timely manner
- Assist project managers with all billing related questions.
- Serve as a key person for all process improvement initiatives which impact accounting functions directly and indirectly.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or in Business Administration with an Accounting focus, strongly preferred
- At least three years of experience in accounts receivable role, experience in commercial construction industry preferred
- In the event that education, experience or certification qualifications are not fully met, an equivalent combination will be considered
- General knowledge of accounting; a clear understanding of internal control systems and strong general knowledge of business practices
- A high level of competence in common computer applications including MS Office, the Internet, and accounting applications; prior experience with Timberline is preferred
- Customer service skills; promptly responds to customer needs and requests.
- Analytical skills; comfortable and good at solving problems. Draws conclusions and makes good recommendations based on information
- Numerical accuracy; focuses on task at hand and has a reputation for accuracy
- Follow through; focuses on priorities and doesn’t let the details fall through the cracks.
- Decision making skills; makes decisions at the right time and ensures most difficult or important problems are solved.
- Teamwork and cooperation; demonstrates trust in and support of co-workers. Builds partnerships across departments.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and to juggle multiple, on-going, concurrent responsibilities
- Risk taking; has a desire to explore and willingness to try new things.
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Commitment to integrity and ethical behavior