- Buffalo, NY
Since 1961, LPCiminelli has been achieving award winning results for institutional and commercial clients. Whether implementing comprehensive energy improvement programs, constructing complex research facilities or managing a design-build-finance program to build state-of-the-art facilities –we're committed to achieving the highest quality strategic outcomes.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded by clients and industry partners alike for our integrity and ingenuity. We began as a general contracting firm and have grown to become a top echelon national construction group with annual revenues of $400 million.
Today, LPCiminelli is comprised of three major parts: our construction management group, with sound oversight of construction projects through integrated service offerings; our general contracting group, one of the few firms nationwide to be ISO 9001:2008-certifiedand our solutions group, which focuses on program management, public-private partnerships and innovative sustainable energy solutions, including the $1.45 billion Buffalo Public Schools Reconstruction Program.
Overall Results Expected The success of the incumbent’s work is generally based upon its accuracy, level of detail and timeliness. The person in this position is expected to be capable of delivering estimates to a high quality standard for all mechanical disciplines, including plumbing, fire protection, and HVAC at any milestone in a project lifecycle.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed scopes of work for all mechanical contracts
- Review bid documents prior to bidding, checking for completeness and coordination with other trades
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Maintain, review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour costs
- Perform preliminary estimates with minimal design information, sometimes on multiple projects concurrently, as needed
- Perform detailed, working drawing estimates based upon detailed quantity take-off information
- Develop conceptual systems estimates for design build projects
- Reconcile estimates with those of architect / engineer or others, as required
- Protect the interests of the Owner by performing a Value Engineering review of mechanical systems; propose alternative systems when appropriate
- Assist the Project Executive and field staff in coordinating preconstruction and construction phase mechanical
- With the guidance of the Project Executive, provide expert support to field staff in troubleshooting mechanical problems during project construction
- Review pricing of change proposals, change orders and assist in claim evaluation
- Additional responsibilities as may be assumed or assigned from time to time in support of the company’s effort to achieve client loyalty
Experience & Education Guidelines
- Four year degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of three years hands-on experience in mechanical contracting and experience in estimating complex commercial projects
- Ability to build excellent relations with discipline-specific contractor base and the skills to continue to develop this base through effective public relations efforts
- Working knowledge of contract law and municipal law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in the following computer programs: MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Suretrak and experience in building and maintaining a database program.