Construction Project Superintendent
- Lebanon, OH
Since 1961, LPCiminelli has been achieving award winning results for institutional and commercial clients. Whether implementing comprehensive energy improvement programs, constructing complex research facilities or managing a design-build-finance program to build state-of-the-art facilities –we're committed to achieving the highest quality strategic outcomes.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded by clients and industry partners alike for our integrity and ingenuity. We began as a general contracting firm and have grown to become a top echelon national construction group with annual revenues of $400 million.
Today, LPCiminelli is comprised of three major parts: our construction management group, with sound oversight of construction projects through integrated service offerings; our general contracting group, one of the few firms nationwide to be ISO 9001:2008-certifiedand our solutions group, which focuses on program management, public-private partnerships and innovative sustainable energy solutions, including the $1.45 billion Buffalo Public Schools Reconstruction Program.
Overall Results Expected The Project Superintendent is the lead field person responsible for ensuring that the project is completed to the Owners’ specifications, on time and with a flawless safety record. He/she is responsible for managing the daily work schedule and for capturing and documenting daily events on the project site through the daily log. The Superintendent will work 2nd or 3rd shift on the Miami Valley Casino project.
- Maintain at all times a safe work environment in accordance with corporate philosophy and all other site-specific safety requirements. Accept primary responsibility for ensuring that all operations are performed safely and safety infractions are corrected immediately
- Review drawings and specifications with an emphasis on contstructability issues and consistency; proactively resolve all such constructability issues with the design team
- Maintain an updated set of contract documents posting all addenda, RFI’s and changes
- Maintain an accurate and current daily report log, recording which contractors are on site, how many staff members from each, the activities performed by each, hours logged, etc.
- Work with the Project Administrator to verify that all subcontractors on the project have valid insurance certificates on file and have completed all related paperwork before commencing work
- Assist the Project Manager in updating the project schedule regularly; provide current progress information to the Project Manger and assist in revising and adjusting the schedule
- Assist the Project Manager in procuring and reviewing all submittals. Work with the project team prioritizing the submittals so that the construction schedule is not held up due to a lack of material
- Continuously oversee all work activities to ensure the materials and workmanship are in accordance with contract documents and all approved submittals
- Act as the point of contact for the resolution of construction issues relating to information and inconsistencies in the contract documents
- Assist the Project Manager with the review and approval of subcontractors’ monthly requisitions
- Comply with all testing requirements (i.e. environmental, structural, Owner-specified, etc.) and ensure that tests are carried out in a timely manner with required reports issued, maintained and disseminated to all concerned parties
- Work with project team members to ensure that all site-specific requirements are addressed (i.e. minority / women labor participation, ID badging, safety orientations, etc.)
- On LPCiminelli Construction Company projects ensure that ISO procedures are strictly followed
- Create a motivational environment with open lines of communication where contractors and other team members strive to produce deliverables in a timely manner
- Do the right thing and be fair with all players
- Additional responsibilities as may be assumed or assigned from time to time in support of our company’s effort to achieve client loyalty
Experience and Education Guidelines
- Four-year degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or related field
- Five years hands-on experience in a superintendent role on major commercial projects
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable in the event that either requirement is not met as stated
- Good working knowledge of all construction trades
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing the Superintendent to interface effectively with laborers, forepeople, subcontractor superintendents and Owners, creating an environment where all are working to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solution
- Ability to think-on-your-feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information
- Ability to project a positive attitude toward our company, as well as our Owners, subcontractors, architects and engineering partners, furthering a practice of mutual cooperation and collaboration
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and
- Successful performance in this position will normally require that the incumbent:
- Sometimes: lift up and up to 50 pounds; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently: taste and/or smell; climb and/or balance
- Most of the time: lift up to 10 pounds; stand, walk and sit in combination and/or sequence; use his/her hands to finger, handle and feel and arms to reach; talk and/or hear; have adequate vision for seeing clearly objects both close and at a distance, for using peripheral vision and for accurately interpreting depths
- Performance in this position will expose the incumbent to the following conditions:
- Sometimes: work in high or precarious places; exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; work with explosives, work near vibration
- Frequently: work near moving / mechanical parts
- Most of the time: work in outdoor weather conditions