- Buffalo, NY
Since 1961, LPCiminelli has been achieving award winning results for institutional and commercial clients. Whether implementing comprehensive energy improvement programs, constructing complex research facilities or managing a design-build-finance program to build state-of-the-art facilities –we're committed to achieving the highest quality strategic outcomes.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded by clients and industry partners alike for our integrity and ingenuity. We began as a general contracting firm and have grown to become a top echelon national construction group with annual revenues of $400 million.
Today, LPCiminelli is comprised of three major parts: our construction management group, with sound oversight of construction projects through integrated service offerings; our general contracting group, one of the few firms nationwide to be ISO 9001:2008-certifiedand our solutions group, which focuses on program management, public-private partnerships and innovative sustainable energy solutions, including the $1.45 billion Buffalo Public Schools Reconstruction Program.
Overall Results Expected
To ensure that the payments to the company’s vendors take place, in an accurate and timely manner, with appropriate entries made into our accounting systems and appropriate backup held in our files; to interface with operations staff and vendors to ensure that all payments are accurately coded to the correct job and general ledger accounts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Receive incoming invoices from vendors for goods and services, code them with the appropriate cost, job or general ledger code and enter into the Timberline system
- Match invoices with associated delivery tickets, if applicable, distribute vouchered invoices to operations and management staff across the company for approval
- Upon receipt of approved invoices, change invoice status in Timberline system and schedule for payment, according to invoice aging parameters set by controller
- Engage in problem solving with vendors to track missing or miscoded invoices or information that can hold up payments
- With controller’s approval, select checks for payment, print checks, obtain appropriate signatures and prepare backup for filing; this process takes place on a set weekly schedule in addition to “as needed” on approval of controller
- Prepare tax certificates for vendors as needed
- Field calls from operations staff and managers seeking information on status of various payments; investigate and respond politely and promptly to all such requests
- Produce standard reports from the Timberline system on a set schedule and in response to special requests
- Additional responsibilities as may be assumed or assigned from time to time in support of our company’s effort to achieve client loyalty
- Two year degree in accounting or business administration with an accounting focus
- At least two years of professional work experience in a corporate accounting function
- A working knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excellent problem solving skills; the ability to view a situation from multiple angles, collaboratively brainstorm on solutions and identify the best course to move forward
- A strong detail orientation and a commitment to producing work that is accurate the first time
- Strength in initiative-taking, and a demonstrated track record in proactively identifying improvement opportunities and acting upon them
- Ability to build excellent relations with our internal client base, building a reputation for competence, quality, trustworthiness, and ability to get the job done right
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and to juggle multiple, on-going, concurrent responsibilities
- Competence in common computer applications including MS Office and Internet; strength in Excel is required; prior experience in Timberline is a plus
LPCiminelli is an Equal Opportunity Employer