SAP Technology Specialist
- Buffalo, NY
Since 1961, LPCiminelli has been achieving award winning results for institutional and commercial clients. Whether implementing comprehensive energy improvement programs, constructing complex research facilities or managing a design-build-finance program to build state-of-the-art facilities –we're committed to achieving the highest quality strategic outcomes.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded by clients and industry partners alike for our integrity and ingenuity. We began as a general contracting firm and have grown to become a top echelon national construction group with annual revenues of $400 million.
Today, LPCiminelli is comprised of three major parts: our construction management group, with sound oversight of construction projects through integrated service offerings; our general contracting group, one of the few firms nationwide to be ISO 9001:2008-certifiedand our solutions group, which focuses on program management, public-private partnerships and innovative sustainable energy solutions, including the $1.45 billion Buffalo Public Schools Reconstruction Program.
Overall Results Expected The overall role of the SAP Technology specialist is to design, construct, implement and maintain SAP solutions and/or upgrade projects. Specifically, the SAP Technology Specialist responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. This position has significant influence on technical and application architecture. In addition, the person in this position will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working closely with the Information Technology team on major developments and support issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and configure solutions
- Provide expert knowledge and resources to help with corrective maintenance and enhancements on SAP
- Interact with SAP functional leads to prioritize and plan work for their respective areas
- Lead and develop the complex solutions for SAP development
- Perform as a company expert in the area of SAP development
- Organize, plan, and execute large scale, complex projects from vision through implementation
- Serve as technical lead on SAP projects
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Administer the SAP database (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, administer database performance, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades and maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades).
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Provide status reports for projects to management.
- Additional responsibilities as may be assumed or assigned in support of our company’s effort to achieve client loyalty
Experience & Education Guidelines
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in SAP Basis Administration or related SAP areas
- Hands on experience building and supporting SAP reports and Business Objects Dashboards
- Technical skills including programming, installation, configuration, and database management
- Multitasking under load - ability to work effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment and the flexibility to change direction at short notice in order to accommodate pressing priorities
- Approachability – an open mind and welcoming atmosphere and patience so that employees are comfortable in seeking the information they need
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solution
- Ability to think-on-your-feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information
- Good time management and organizational skills
- A strong service-orientation and prior proven success in handling heavy customer service responsibilities, dealing with an internal client base; ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization with tact, diplomacy and patience
- Being self-motivated and detail oriented, with an eagerness to learn, can work independently
LPCiminelli is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a drug and alcohol free environment.