Lab Four’s mission is to become a key workforce development partner in three ways: by providing the best possible technology training to help businesses become more successful, providing the skills and credentials necessary for individuals to secure stable employment in a high-demand industry, and partnering with non-profit organizations to help our community fulfill its vast potential.
Lab Four is changing the training industry, bringing education and practical job certifications to those looking for a brighter future. As Financial Aid Specialist, it is your role to assist Career Specialists in guiding prospective students through the application and Financial Aid process. You must be knowledgeable of the various funding sources available to students, as well as the benefits and objectives of the programs offered by Lab Four Professional Development Center. You will be responsible for ensuring student funding applications are completed correctly and submitted in a timely manner. This position requires a customer-focused attitude, an ability to meet challenges head-on, and a passion for changing lives through education.
Successful Candidates will:
- Encourage and uplift prospective students to overcome barriers and pursue a bright future
- Become intimately familiar with programs, careers, and industries that we work with
- Accurately and efficiently complete reports
- Maintain high level of communication with students and staff
- Communicate with potential students through face-to-face meetings, telephone calls, and e-mail to determine their financial needs, concerns, and interests
- Closely assist and mentor students through admissions process
- Have strong communication skills
- Monitor and manage student database and associated reports and student documents
- Have excellent Microsoft Office (Power Point, Publisher, Excel, Word, etc.) skills
- Maintain workflow and manage sensitive, confidential information