Adventure Captain/ Sailing Instructor
- Seattle, WA
Do you like to sail? Do you love people? Are you a storyteller? IF you said yes we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for licensed captains to help our company grow. Our captains are the face of our company and we expect a lot of them.
We are a Sailing charter and boat club company offering sailing charters and lessons in the heart of Seattle, on Lake Union, Lake Washington, and beyond. We offer a wide variety of adventures, including everything from a private romantic cruise to sunset sail and full day adventures to sailing lessons and boating workshops.
We specialize in the personal experience and a high level of customer/ guest service. We want to share our passion for sailing and the environment with those around us and introduce more people to the peace/ tranquility, excitement, and adventure of being on the water and the maritime history.
We are a young and growing company, with a dynamic business model. We welcome people who want to become involved share great ideas and help grow the company.
We ’re looking for enthusiastic, safety conscience, and outgoing people to share their passion for sailing with our clients. Adventure Captains are the guru of sailing and hospitality, they are responsible for running the boat (often single handed), telling stories and sharing the history of the waterways, and also anticipating the guest’s needs, and ensuring they have a wonderful and unforgettable time.
As an adventure captain, there is a lot to manage and your high level attention to detail as well as good people skills, will help you grow and keep the clients coming back, even when the weather in Seattle is less than ideal. Little obstacles such as “bad” weather, no wind, or a difficult client don’t faze you, You are a Adventure Captain, you are sailing and out to have a good time and make sure that your passengers do too. You’re skills for being dynamic and a natural storyteller will help you engage the clients, ensure their safety, and become the legendary captain everyone is talking about.
As an Adventure Captain you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing boat for clients (ensure everything is ready for the charter)
- Meeting the guest & welcoming them to the boat, safety talk
- Piloting & Sailing the boat (often single handed)
- Entertaining clients & hospitality
- Filling out the ships log and short write-up of trip for promotional use,
- Managing crew on larger vessels
- Current USCG certified captain w/ sail endorsement
- Experience working in guest services/ customer relations/ hospitality/ entertainment industry
- Engaging personality with a proclivity towards story-telling and teaching
- Positive attitude in any weather
- Flexible schedule
- Enjoy sailing in all types of weather and want to share passion with guest.
- Proven attention to detail
- Calm & patient, with the knowledge and confidence to teach sailing and boat safety
- Qualification for teaching Sailing and Boat handling.
Current USCG certified captain w/ sail endorsement, 50 ton or higher preferredUSCG captain liscene w/ sail endorsement
We have several vessels ranging from 20’-65’ that need captains. Your qualifications and experience will determine which vessel(s) are the best fit.
- We’re looking for people primarily nights and weekends.
- 3-30 hrs a week (based on availability, skills, and work load)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.