Senior DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
- Rabanusstraße, 36037 Fulda, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Lampenwelt is the leading online player for lighting in Europe. Ever since Lampenwelt was founded in 1999, the fascination for light has driven our ambition to provide an inspiring and personal shopping experience to millions of customers. With over 50.000 different products and 5 own brands, we not only offer the largest online selection but also an award winning customer service.
More than 500 employees from 30+ nations are working successfully along the entire value chain: from best-in-class customer service, excellence in assortment, high fulfilment competence, outstanding marketing & creation skills and professional B2B-solutions to our innovative tech, ecommerce and data assets.
Lampenwelt is now looking for a passionate DevOps or Systems Engineer to join one of our ambitious, cross-functional teams and help build the next generation of our ecommerce platform. As a DevOps in Lampenwelt you will be responsible for building, operating and monitoring our cloud IT infrastructure as well as providing a world-class developer experience to our engineering and data teams.
Where your expertise is needed
- Ensure our platforms and cloud infrastructure fulfill all our goals in terms of availability, scalability and performance
- Build, improve and operate high demand cloud systems, services and applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Improve service resiliency through load testing, proactive monitoring and by providing insights and metrics to the engineering teams
- Analysis and troubleshooting of incidents across the whole stack
- Automate deployments and fail-over of our systems and applications
- Implement robust security measures with well-designed security concepts
- Propose and implement improvements to increase resilience and uptime
- Provide a world-class developer experience helping our teams to build, test and deploy code efficiently and reliably
Lampenwelt is the right place to work for you if change makes you thrive, not wither and if you like to challenge yourself day by day to find the best solution. Here you are given responsibility to not only contribute your ideas but also implement them yourself. At Lampenwelt, we push the limits further every day, act fast, open minded, and embrace a direct and solution-oriented communication on all levels.
What will help you to master future challenges
- 5+ years of practical experience as a DevOps engineer, SRE, software engineer, or systems engineer
- Good communication skills in English (German skills are an add-on, no must-have)
- Extensive knowledge of at least one major cloud provider, and proficiency with Terraform
- Experience with administering linux systems at scale, ideally through some configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Sound knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Solid experience with concepts such as monitoring, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, containers (Docker & Kubernetes) and related tools
- Fluent in at least one of the major web programming languages as well as common engineering tools like Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to debug and optimize code
- Automation comes naturally to you and is your first instinct
- Sensing the value in agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban and in applying engineering best practices, code reviews and pair programming, and automated tests
- As a team leader valuing the meaning of giving and receiving constructive feedback in order to evolve you and your peers to best performances
- Strong problem-solving skills with a passion for observability and reliability
- Taking ownership of your work with a deep sense of responsibility, as well as accountability for yourself and your team for the expected results
Always wanted to work in an inspiring environment where your ideas have a direct impact? Then Lampenwelt is the right choice. We enable a high degree of autonomy where you can explore plenty of professional and personal growth opportunities while being surrounded by an aspiring team and bright minds.
What's in it for you?
- Stable and secure workplace in a profitable scale-up
- Flexible work opportunites from home or in any of our modern offices in Berlin, Fulda, Dortmund or Düsseldorf
- Various employee perks including free fruits and drinks, team or after work events as well as digital networking opportunities
- Subsidy for your sports activities like gym or JobRad
- Attractive employee discounts on our entire product range
- Many learning and development options within and outside our organization
Our tech stack
- PHP7, Magento 1, Magento 2
- AWS, Terraform, IaC, Cloudflare, Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB Atlas, AWS S3
- Gitlab, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.), Selenium
- Logz.io, CheckMK, Icinga2, Grafana, CloudWatch, DataDog
- AWS SQS, NATS.io