Senior Magento Developer (f/m/d)
- Rudi-Dutschke-Straße, 10969 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Lampenwelt is the leading online player for lighting in Europe. Ever since Lampenwelt was founded in 1999, the fascination for light has driven our ambition to provide an inspiring and personal shopping experience to millions of customers. With over 50.000 different products and 5 own brands, we not only offer the largest online selection but also an award winning customer service.
More than 500 employees from 30+ nations are working successfully along the entire value chain: from best-in-class customer service, excellence in assortment, high fulfilment competence, outstanding marketing & creation skills and professional B2B-solutions to our innovative tech, ecommerce and data assets.
We are now looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join one of our ambitious, cross-functional teams and help build the next generation of our ecommerce platform. As a Software Engineer in Lampenwelt, together with your team, you will be responsible for one of our major components like checkout, search & catalog, recommendations, customer account, or content management.
Where your expertise is needed
- Design, build and maintain our ecommerce platform based on Magento 2
- Build new features, measure the impact and improve based on learnings
- Optimize performance and loading times, configure and test Magento extensions, apply security updates, resolve cross-browser compatibility issues, participate in code reviews and Scrum meetings
- Leverage modern technologies and public cloud infrastructure to build highly available systems which can scale on-demand to millions of customers
- Collaborate with different internal and external teams for integrations and knowledge sharing to achieve best results
Lampenwelt is the right place to work for you if change makes you thrive, not wither and if you like to challenge yourself day by day to find the best solution. Here you are given responsibility to not only contribute your ideas but also implement them yourself. At Lampenwelt, we push the limits further every day, act fast, open minded, and embrace a direct and solution-oriented communication on all levels.
What will help you to master future challenges
- 5+ years of practical experience as a Software Developer
- Good communication skills in English (German skills are an add-on, no must-have)
- Good knowledge of the Magento MySQL database design
- Ability to debug and optimize code
- Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Knowing the value of applying engineering best practices and software design patterns, perform code reviews, ensure SOLID principles, and write automated tests
- Experience with concepts such as monitoring, CI/CD, containers (Docker & Kubernetes) and related tools
- As a team player valuing the meaning of giving and receiving constructive feedback in order to evolve you and your peers to best performances
- Strong problem-solving skills with a passion for observability and reliability
- Taking ownership of your work with a deep sense of responsibility, as well as accountability for yourself and your team for the expected results
- Any Magento or Adobe Commerce certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics, SEO, and A/B testing is a plus
Always wanted to work in an inspiring environment where your ideas have a direct impact? Then Lampenwelt is the right choice. We enable a high degree of autonomy where you can explore plenty of professional and personal growth opportunities while being surrounded by an aspiring team and bright minds.
What's in it for you?
- Stable and secure workplace in a profitable scale-up
- Flexible work opportunites from home or in any of our modern offices in Berlin, Fulda, Dortmund or Düsseldorf
- Various employee perks including free fruits and drinks, team or after work events as well as digital networking opportunities
- Subsidy for your sports activities like gym or JobRad
- Attractive employee discounts on our entire product range
- Many learning and development options within and outside our organization
Our tech stack
- PHP7, Magento 1, Magento 2
- AWS, Terraform, IaC, Cloudflare, Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB Atlas, AWS S3
- Gitlab, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.), Selenium
- Logz.io, CheckMK, Icinga2, Grafana, CloudWatch, DataDog
- AWS SQS, NATS.io