Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA), Afghanistan
- Vienna, VA
Lanmark Technology, Inc. (LMT) is a highly specialized Professional Services company providing the full range of Information Technology Services, Program Management Oversight, Electronic and Asymmetric Warfare Program Support, and Administrative Support to clients in the government and commercial sectors. LMT provides these professional services and products to the Federal Government's civilian agencies and defense agencies. The service LMT provides to the Department of Defense is in a support capacity which ultimately supports the "war-fighter", to better equip and prepare them for their mission.
LMT is multi-disciplinary in nature and can meet a wide range of challenging and complex client requirements. LMT has rapidly become a recognized name that government agencies and industry leaders have grown to trust to deliver cost effective solutions through sound business practices. LMT is an SBA 8(a) certified, Woman-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-owned, and Small Disadvantaged Business.
Title: Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA), Afghanistan
Company: Lanmark Technology, Inc.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: OCONUS, Afghanistan
Positions Available for Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA’s) for Critical Analytic Support in Afghanistan
To apply for this or any other LMT position, please go to the following link: http://lmt-inc.atsondemand.com/
LMT’s ORSA Program:
LMT is the prime contractor for the JIEDDO Counter-IED (C-IED) Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) OCONUS Program. We are committed to uphold DoD’s mandate to deploy trained forces all over the world to defeat and defend our will and our way of life in conjunction with the Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO).
The ORSA Program deploys critical analytic support across Army, Marine, Air Force, Navy, DoD, Coalition and Intelligence Community Partner activities in Afghanistan. We provide support from the 4-Star to tactical units and at all the combat outposts and forward operations bases.
Who is an OCONUS ORSA?
A science professional who produces analytic products (e.g. decision aids, models) to underpin
decisions by Commanders and to enable solutions of varied and complex strategic, operational,
tactical and managerial issues who can provide commanders and strategists an independent
evaluation and trends of key issues based on factual current and historical events.
What are your responsibilities?
The Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) will be responsible for the following:
- Producing quick-turnaround analysis products, routine-trend assessments, and unit operation analysis, using Operations Research (OR) techniques.
- Facilitating reach-back analysis with the JIEDDO J-9 when required.
- Working with embedded staff, such as Law Enforcement personnel, Human Intelligence Teams, and data collectors. Assist in deployed JIEDDO initiative evaluation.
- Facilitating data transfer from theater to CONUS.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Five years of experience in Operations Research.
- Knowledge of ground forces mission types, force structure, war fighting concepts, Training Tactics and Procedures (TTPs), and doctrine.
- Five years of experience in drafting and making oral presentations to customers.
- Formalized training at a Service-accredited Operations Research (OR) course, such as the Army’s ORSA MAC I.
- Familiarity with SharePoint and portals and Reach-back analysis.
- Strong EXCEL spreadsheet experience (pivot tables, sorting, formulas, formatting, & QC of data.), and develop and present power point briefings.
- Helpful program knowledge but not required: ARCGIS, CIDNE, ARCGIS, SIPR, I2 Analyst Notebook.
BS in Math, Engineering, Operations Research or similar technical field. A Master’s is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be prepared to live and work in an austere environment. Must have current passport good for the year of deployment. Must be medically cleared (including dental) for deployment.
Must adhere to and support company policies, procedures and standards. Lanmark Technology, Inc. is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or federal law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.