Front-End Web Developer
- Pittsburgh, PA
Located in Bethel Park, PA, eight miles south of Pittsburgh, LarsonOʼBrien is a strategically focused, full-service marketing firm specializing in the building and architectural products industries. LarsonOʼBrien employs talented and self-motivated people who strive each day to find new ways to help grow client business. LarsonOʼBrien offers employees an excellent work environment, generous salary and bonus packages, healthcare, 401K, paid vacation, and lots of opportunity to do great work and have fun.
LarsonO’Brien Marketing Group is seeking full-time and contract front-end web developers
proﬁcient in building custom web applications for building products manufacturers,
educational institutions and non-proﬁt organizations. Primary responsibilities will include
developing content-managed, responsive websites using the Drupal 7 framework, as well
as designing, developing, implementing and maintaining dynamic web applications
accessible from all device types including desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Additional
responsibilities may include developing and maintaining custom web applications
– intranets, customer tools/calculators, digital asset managers, learning management
systems, native mobile-OS applications – and day-to-day execution of email marketing,
search engine optimization, web statistics analysis, and basic web maintenance tasks.
Over 80% of the web applications we build for our clients are content-managed websites,
so a strong knowledge of developing websites using both open source and proprietary
content management systems is essential. These web applications inherently require
cross-browser/cross-platform accessibility and often require a responsive front-end
compatible with all device types including desktop, tablet and mobile devices. The
remaining 20% of work will range from building custom PHP/MySQL applications,
managing ongoing email newsletter campaigns, implementing search engine optimization
strategies, maintaining/updating existing websites and applications, and more.
The most desirable candidates will demonstrate a passion for the ﬁeld and the ability to
work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and evolving environment. He/she will
understand and contribute to build strategies quickly and easily, work well as part of a
small team, have a strong work ethic and good character, and be diligent in completing
quality work within the required timeframe.
Applicants must have 3-5 years web design/development experience and be available to
start immediately. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on multiple ongoing
projects and overlapping deadlines are a must. Candidates who are easily overwhelmed
need not apply.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Full-time employees must work from our Bethel Park ofﬁce on standard M-F schedule.
Contract employees considered with ﬂexible location/schedule requirements on a project-
by-project basis. We are not looking to work with a stafﬁng or consulting ﬁrm at this time,
so please do not waste your time or ours.
To be considered, upload your resume and a link to your web portfolio (with explanation of
your role on each project – i.e. design only, front-end programming, PHP development,
etc.). Cold phone calls will be ignored.
• Associate or Bachelors degree in Web Development, Design or Marketing
Communication, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Knowledge of developing websites using open-source content management system
frameworks (i.e. Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
• Experience developing responsive websites
• Ability to analyze, design, develop and complex web applications
• Experience in usability best practices and marketing basics, to design and build
interfaces that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but work well and compel action
• Familiarity with basic wireframing tools and methods
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to follow simple scope of work documents, wireframes, task lists and design
mockups to build complex websites and web applications
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask and take direction in a team environment
• Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload to manage multiple
ongoing projects and overlapping deadlines.
• Web server administration experience a plus, including managing DNS, multiple
database types, and deploying websites on both Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache
• Knowledge of security considerations (encryption, denial of service, spam protection,
etc.) a plus
• Web development is a constantly growing and changing ﬁeld, so candidates must be
motivated, display a passion for the ﬁeld, and demonstrate the ability to learn and
adapt quickly as technology and client needs change.
960.gs, Typekit, etc.), PHP, MySQL
• Strong knowledge of building custom PHP applications
• Basic familiarity with ASP, ASP.NET 1.4 and 2.0 a plus
• Strong knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility and responsive
• Ability to perform basic web server tasks like website launch, ﬁle system & database
backups tasks, domain management, etc.
• Proﬁciency in web-related Adobe Creative Suite applications like Fireworks,
Dreamweaver and Photoshop required, graphic design experience a plus
• Mobile development experience using PhoneGap API or Xcode a plus
• Though this position will not require direct client communication, excellent written
and verbal communication skills are essential