Director, Credit and Funding
- Woburn, MA
LeaseQ is a new B2B internet market place serving the $840 Billion equipment financing industry. Our mission is to make selling and financing equipment easy and fast. LeaseQ’s free proprietary comparison shopping and lease underwriting platform is a cloud based SaaS solution that enables: 1) Businesses to get instant equipment leasing quotes from leading finance companies and choose the best plan to meet their needs in less than two minutes; 2) Dealers to get rates instantly so they can close sales while a prospect is still in the dealership; and 3) Finance Companies to acquire more pre-qualified applications. LeaseQ is a start up firm, meeting a big need in a big market place. We are funded by the founders and experienced Angel Investors.
LeaseQ is seeking a passionate, ambitious, and disciplined Credit and Funding Leader who is a team player and has an entrepreneurial spirit to help us build LeaseQ. You will have an affinity for automation and a proven track record of building relationships, problem solving, and establishing deep mutual trust with customers, partners and teammates. You figure out how to make things work better and you have the drive to see your ideas come to life.
After an initial orientation period, the Director of Credit and Funding will be called on to build and manage a business group serving one or multiple equipment market verticals (e.g. Fitness Equipment or Restaurant Equipment). In your role you will work closely with customers seeking funding, Vendors, Financial Partners, LeaseQ Sales and LeaseQ Product Development.
Compensation & Benefits: This position includes base salary, bonus, stock options, benefits and paid time off. Base salary based on experience and there is an aggressive commission plan of 5% based on deals funded. All employees participate in our stock option plan. LeaseQ is growing rapidly so by demonstrating strong performance, problem solving and leadership skills your responsibilities and income will increase rapidly.
- Satisfy the Lessee and Lender and help establish a superior financing experience
- Help build long term relationships with Dealers, Manufacturers, Lessees and Lenders
- Be the resident expert for matching finance needs to lender capabilities
- Manage all aspects of the equipment financing process including
- Identify financing needs and match a Lessee to Lessor
- Procure and manage all required deal documentation
- Capture and document all interactions
- Help all parties complete a funded deal
- Help the team create the broadest most competitive credit window
- Help the team identify and define requirements for automating the funding process wherever possible
- Recruit new team members and provide the leadership required to make LeaseQ the undisputed market leader
- College Degree
- 2+ years equipment leasing experience as a Credit Officer or Funding Manager (sales experience a plus)
- Customer focused – willing to go the extra mile to improve the Lessee and Dealer experience
- Knowledge of equipment financing lender requirements and contract terms
- Detail oriented, analytical with strong organizational skills
- Able to urgently solve problems, bring order, and keep a positive attitude to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team building and management experience a plus
- Technology and automation friendly (knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus)