Contract Adobe Trainer - ColdFusion
- Denver, CO
Ledet Training has been an Adobe, Apple and Autodesk authorized instructor-led training company for over 15 years. The company operates bricks and mortar facilities in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Houston, San Diego and Washington DC. We also deliver classes online in virtual classrooms and onsite at customer locations so we are looking for trainers throughout the US.
Ledet Training is seeking an experienced freelance ColdFusion developer to occasionally teach hands-on instructor led classes during the business day.
This is a contract 1099 opportunity ideal for independent, freelance ColdFusion developers seeking to supplement their business income with fairly regular opportunities to deliver classroom based instruction.
Classes are typically 2 to 5 days long. Class times are 9:00 to 4:00 with a one hour lunch break. Instructors are expected to arrive by 8:00 and be prepared to stay up to an hour later, if necessary, to answer customer questions or assist them with any challenges. Classes are delivered during the business work week. We do not offer classes on evenings or weekends.
Students are typically currently employed adult business professionals whose employer is paying for their skills enhancement training. Ledet Training is a business-to-business oriented computer skills development company, not a conventional college or trade school.
As independent contractors, trainers can set their own pay rate. Different instructors charge different rates, but typically those contractors who set their daily rate competitive with others in the industry have more training opportunities presented to them. Their are approximately six hours of classroom delivery per day, but time must be budgeted for preparation and setup.
- Ability to build, deploy, and maintain ColdFusion-based Internet applications. This includes programming fundamentals, database architecture, SQL queries, and best practices.
- Great presentation skills. Toastmasters membership or previous speaking or teaching experience a big plus.
- Preparation skills
- Caring, positive and encouraging attitude
- Professionalism and reliability
- Willingness to gain certification by Adobe as an instructor including passing relevant certification exams and paying exam fees to Adobe. There is no fee to Ledet Training for this, but Adobe does charge for their certification exams. Ledet Training can assist by providing a coupon code good for a 50% discount on the price of the relevant exams. (Typically $180/exam at the time of this writing, so your cost would be $90/exam). See http://training.adobe.com/certification.html for more information on Adobe certification.
A great applicant for this opportunity is someone who has both the techical expertise in the technology they are teaching as well as the effective presentation skills and caring attention to their students necessary to help adults learn to use technology more effectively to achieve business results.
Instructors who get the best reviews are engaging and entertaining, carefully prepared and organized, and focussed on what class participants can do, not on showing how much they know. They are open to constructive feedback and continually honing both their technical and delivery skills.