Disability Claims Adjudicator
- Winnipeg, Canada
Western Life Assurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Financial Group, providing financial protection products across Canada for over 40 years. We partner with others who have a customer relationship in place, including our agency network of over 100 offices. Our product line offers a full suite of Individual Life, Disability and Critical Illness products, Group Health for small employer groups, A&S products designed for niche contexts, and many variations of Creditor Insurance products.
Western Financial Group is built on Guiding Principles that recognize the value of our employees and encourage lifelong learning through education and training opportunities. We’re a company that is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve... because we live here.
We’re Growing! We are seeking a bilingual Disability Claims Adjudicator to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate a professional, out-going attitude and a desire to learn and grow within the industry. This position will report to the Manager, Claims and be responsible for assigned claims adjudication within the Life Company including maintaining a knowledge base current with industry changes and new products. Your ability to use tact, diplomacy and compassion when dealing with claimants combined with your strong interpersonal and communication skills will be key to your success in this role. In this role, you will contribute to achieving the goals of your team by:
- Handling all aspects of claims adjudication process on assigned claims
- Assisting Department Manager with various administrative procedures associated with claims
- Actively participating in Business Plan objectives and implementation
- Maintaining communications with claimants, medical practitioners, legal counsel, reinsurers and various other third parties
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 years claims adjudication experience, with a focus on STD preferred
- Ability to interpret contract provisions, medical records and complex legal documents
- Experience in coordinating rehabilitation efforts
- A thorough knowledge of Claim Guidelines and Best Practices
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills; able to coordinate multiple concurrent efforts
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills; mathematical aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deliver unfavourable news
- Basic computer, spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Presently participating in, or graduate of the U of M Case Management Program an asset
- Bilingual in English and French will be preferred and considered an asset
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Gail Eckert, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8828. If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization in the role of Disability Claims Adjudicator, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #133014.