iOS/Android Software Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Lextech Global Services serves the enterprise with award-winning mobile app strategy, design, development and support. With a special focus on the mobile workforce, Lextech helps clients create user-centered, visually stunning apps against tight deadlines. Proven processes and experience connecting mobile apps to external resources (sales teams, legacy systems, hardware, etc.) make Lextech one of the most sought after mobile firms in the world.
We are looking for a mobile app developer to work on one of our teams at the corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL. We want someone who craves hands on design and coding. This person must be able to work independently as well as with others. Our developers work on various parts of the app from beginning to end and are not afraid of asking for help when needed. To be successful in this role, expertise in either iOS devices or Android development is a must.
- Think, design and then build (frequently used brain a must)
- Quickly learn new technologies (languages, operating systems, tools) and be productive with them
- Understand a customer’s requirements and big picture view of the system to be developed
- Develop quality software in multiple programming languages
- Quickly identify and track down system bugs
Skills (must have)
- Objective-C & iPhone/iPad development AND/OR Java & Android development
- GUI layout (we have UI designers but you need to be able to build it)
- Network connectivity (HTTP, raw sockets or otherwise) – The apps we build don’t just live on the device but reach out to other systems and hardware.
Other Software Skills (must have at least 1)
- Java (Java web stack OR Java Swing on the client side)
- PHP or C++
- MySQL, SQL Server or other relational database
Systems Skills (great to have)
- Linux/Unix/Mac OS X/Windows – install, configure & make the server dance
- Troubleshoot network issues affecting software systems
- Scale a system from one server to hundreds
- Ethical hacking certification
Lextech’s company culture also places a high value on innovation, accountability, open communication, a strong work ethic, and of course, fun! We have a weekly basketball game, Inappropriate T-shirt Tuesday, WhirlyBall events and Cake O’clock. In addition to an intellectually challenging, close knit community, Lextech offers competitive health insurance benefits, 401k matching, etc.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application. Check out our page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/LextechApps).