- Newark, OH
The Licking County Planning and Development Department serves as the home for the Licking County Planning Commission (LCPC), the Licking County Area Transit Study (LCATS), and Licking County Community Development. Collectively, these three organizations manage long-range planning, development regulations (including subdivisions, floodplains, and access management), the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), transportation, grants, and fair housing programs. The Planning and Development Department serves as the home for several boards and committees, as well as for special projects including CycLicking® and the Ohio National Road Association (ONRA).
Notice of Job Opportunity
Date Opened: September 10, 2013 Date Closed: UNTIL FILLED
Position: Programmer Analyst
Agency: Information Technology Services
Hours: Full time – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Salary: $40,000
Position is responsible for developing and modifying windows-based applications, web applications, and databases.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships within County offices/departments as well as the general public.
- Knowledge of the SQL(structure query language) in the use of developing and maintaining applications.
- Utilizes third party tools including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, and Adobe Acrobat to incorporate custom graphics, images, forms, interactive content, GIS Maps, and other visual elements into the web environment
- Publishes, customizes, and deploys GIS templates and layers to provide interactive maps to the public.
- Utilizes third party development tools to enhance the reporting capabilities of database applications including Crystal Reports and MS Office OLE Automation.
- Manages various Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL back-end database connections through standardized ADO, and ADO.NET connections.
- Designs logical and physical database models or reviews description of requested changes to the database to understand how changes to be made affect the integrity of data.
- Provides ongoing support, assistance, training, and updates to applications being used by county agencies.
- Administers all aspects of the county web server including installation and configuration of Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Creates and modifies complex web pages that combine to form departmental websites based on requests and approval of agency representatives
- Manages third-party applications installed on the web server to ensure compatibility and availability.
- Manages multiple projects/requests simultaneously and prioritizes them in accordance with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of current developments in field to maintain job proficiency.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. VB.net experience required.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Significant knowledge of Crystal Reporting preferred.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com. Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen. Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.