Service Coordinator - early childhood
- Newark, OH
Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Full Time, 40 hours/week- Possible evenings when needed, flexibility required
Salary Range: $32,572.80- $48,859.20 annually
The Early Childhood Service Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting families of children (birth to age 6) with developmental disabilities in identifying a desirable future through a person centered planning process.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the family and child through regular home visits, phone calls and emails.
- Conduct screenings on infants and toddlers as required by Ohio Department of Health.
- Educate families about their rights/responsibilities and procedural safeguards as defined by Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- Provide information about available community resources; make referrals if necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in evaluations to determine eligibility and in child assessments to determine need for services and supports.
- Facilitate transition plans to preschool and/or other services and supports as appropriate and facilitate the transition of eligible children to on-going Board youth service coordination.
- Monitor maintenance of case records; Complete required forms, prepare correspondence, summaries, progress and closure reports, and other reports as required.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in in child and family studies; child development; child life; education inclusive of early childhood, pre-kindergarten, elementary education or related field.
- Eligibility for a Service Coordinator credential through the Ohio Dept. of Health.
- Eligibility for Service and Support Administrator Certification per OAC 5123:2-5-02.
- Current and valid Ohio Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract, in order to meet criteria for insurability established by the Board’s Fleet insurance carrier.
- Previous experience as Case Manager or Programmatic Management level service provider for individuals with developmental disabilities, or its equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of local community resources, human services, law enforcement, and judicial systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and contact with individuals, families and legal guardians.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines in accordance with established policy and procedures.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to:Licking County Board of DD
Attn: Human Resources
116 N. 22nd St.Newark, Ohio 43055
Or email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org