- Newark, OH
Licking County Transit Board
Hours: Full-Time 40 hours per week, some PM and weekends
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Responsible to assist in the overall transportation services by providing direction and communications with all driver operators at the same time as monitoring transportation services to determine when necessary to make scheduling adjustments to maximize on-time performance, minimize passenger wait times, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle and driver operator availability and/or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships. Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system. Responds to telephone requests and inquiries from the public, clients, passengers, and/or Licking County agencies requesting transportation services. Telephone hold times should be minimal and within expected standards. Provide assistance to passengers when calling in for information on how to use the transportation service as well as when inquiring about individual trip status.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to minimize dispatch related customer complaints; maintain positive attitude when dealing with difficult passengers, clients and/or situations; understanding of the appropriate time to forward difficult passengers/clients to the General Manager; ability to provide detailed written documentation of difficult passengers, clients, incidents, complaints, etc. and forward to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive and professional communications with driver operators, providing information on passengers, clients, cancellations, approving No Show status, determine alternatives when driver operators are running late and provide directional assistance when necessary. Communicate effectively with operations and management staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues, accidents, complaints, or other such topics.
- Prepares transportation schedules for the driver operators and arranges transportation with 3rd party provider (another Licking County Agency or contractor).
- Adjusts schedules in real time to meet the needs of will calls, second trips, etc. to meet on time performance, productivity standards and service expectations. Determines pull out times according to schedule and/or passenger/client expectations.
- Prepares schedules and makes necessary adjustments to schedules in real time, to maximize services to revenue hour and minimize driver operators overtime. Assigns stand-by driver operators in the event of driver operator absences, increased transportation service volumes or in order to minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle break downs/issues, driver operator concerns and/or emergency situations.
- Monitors service delivery by driver operators and trips status making adjustments and reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance. Assign will call and on demand trips to available and appropriate vehicles in order to ensure on time performance, minimize passenger wait time and ride times and to maintain transit service productivity.
- Effectively determines use of spare vehicles to ensure vehicle availability for preventative maintenance program. Assigns vehicles giving consideration to preventative maintenance schedules and capacity needs.
- Handles emergency situations according to local policy and with proper notification and documentation. Requires the availability to respond after hours and to be recalled for an Emergency Management incident.
- Provides accurate, consistent and timely documentation of daily items, including but not limited to, driver operator attendance, passenger and scheduling issues, vehicle concerns, emergency situations and other daily events or disruptions.
- Assigns manifests, vehicles and any onboard equipment to driver operators and maintains checkout logs. Inspects all driver operators for proper equipment and for reasonable suspicion.
- Reconciles trip manifests and fares collected by driver operators upon check in.
- Inspect vehicles upon return to base for passengers and/or items left on the vehicle. Inspect vehicles upon return to base for damage. Collect any lost and found articles and log them on the proper form. Attempt to contact appropriate passengers to arrange return of items where possible.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or others.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Open and/or close LCTB transit facility depending upon work shift.
- Carry out multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
High school diploma or equivalent; and three (3) to six (6) months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Transit scheduling and dispatching experience, as well as service area knowledge preferred.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.