Transit Scheduler / Reservationist
- Newark, OH
Licking County Transit Board
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Responsible to assist in the overall transportation services by providing effective and efficient scheduling, understanding the need to determine when necessary to make scheduling adjustments to maximize on-time performance, minimize passenger wait times and minimize service disruptions in an effort to provide exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships. Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Prepares transportation schedules for the driver operators in the most efficient manner possible using the scheduling and routing system to its fullest potential. Prepares schedules and makes necessary adjustments to schedules in real time, to maximize services and minimize driver operators’ time.
- Monitors and reviews scheduling efficiencies in an effort to provide better customer service and minimize hours.
- Adjusts schedules in real time to meet the needs of will calls, second trips, etc. to meet on time performance, productivity standards and service expectations. Determines pull out times according to schedule and/or passenger/client expectations.
- Determines use of spare vehicles to ensure vehicle availability for preventative maintenance program. Assigns vehicles giving consideration to preventative maintenance schedules and capacity needs.
- Responds to telephone requests and inquiries from the public, clients, passengers, and/or Licking County agencies requesting transportation services, as needed. Provides assistance to passengers calling in for information on how to use the transportation service and inquiring about individual trip status.
- Documents and enters all requests for services; maintains contracting agencies’ client files and enters actual data for the verification process.
- Provides exceptional customer service; maintains positive attitude when dealing with difficult clients and/or situations; understands appropriate time to forward difficult clients to the Transit Operations Controller or General Manager; provides detailed written documentation of difficult clients, incidents, complaints, etc. and forwards to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Carries out multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
High School diploma or equivalent; and three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Transit scheduling experience, as well as, service area knowledge preferred.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check. Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.