- Buckeye Lake, OH
Water / Wastewater
Salary: $13.70 - $17.10 / hour
Provides administrative/clerical support for the Water/Wastewater Department.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government.
- Performs administrative duties; produces a variety of memos, reports and correspondence; takes and maintains meeting minutes; prepares, maintains and retrieves departmental records and documents. Assists with mail as necessary and maintains postal account for bills forwarded; orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains Petty Cash fund.
- Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Receives and screens incoming phone calls for Director (e.g., responds to routine inquiries, forwards calls to appropriate party, takes messages, etc.); receives, screens and forwards information submitted to department to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates Director’s and Administrator’s schedule and makes appointments; coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records.
- Posts, updates, and balances routine financial information (reconciles financial information); prepares related financial reports; prepares purchase orders and requisitions; checks, compares, and verifies invoices, statements, packing slips, and related information; updates and tracks utility usage for budget purposes.
- Verifies, calculates, and updates department payroll for proper signature approval and submission to Auditor’s Office.
- Prepares travel requests and schedules training for department.
- Gathers information and prepares all departmental contracts for review and approval process; maintains and updates departmental inventories; prepare resolutions for approval.
- Complies and analyzes fiscal records and prepares reports on fiscal operations.
- Ensures department records are maintained within Record Retention Schedule.
- Provides coverage for Billing Office Assistant(s) as necessary.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school; and one (1) to three (3) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Notary Public* *May acquire after hire and obtained prior to the end of the probationary period.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.