Lead Android Developer
- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco-based Toktumi (Talk-To-Me) is the company behind Line2, the popular business App for Android and Apple iOS devices that turns one phone into two. No more separate desk phones for the office, no more using a personal number for work. With Line2 all your calls and text messages come into the same device, but on separate numbers. Line2 offers all the features expected of a business phone, but none of the hassle. As a premier VoIP provider, Toktumi is positioned to disrupt existing Telecommunication companies in a big way.
Among Line2’s awards are first place in the Mobile Apps Showdown at CES 2011, named one of the top ten “must have” apps by David Pogue of the New York Times, and praised as one of the top 100 “most brilliant” ideas of 2010 by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Do not be fooled by our strong product line and real profitability; Toktumi is just getting started!
Getting in now is going to put your creativity and aspirations to the test and you will come out the better for it. Our success is a result of the emerging changes in the mobile business world, including the boom in smartphones, the shift to IP based communications, and the continuing explosion of cloud-based services. With your help Toktumi’s product offerings will stand out from the competition.
Line2 is looking for a Lead Mobile developer to join our diverse team in downtown San Francisco. You will bring our totally redesigned Android App to market. If you’re passionate about Android, have published Apps, and are interested in making an impact on a product that has won raves while disrupting traditional players, we want to hear from you.
- Build out new features while evolving the existing user experience of our customers.
- Develop in a cross computer, multi-tiered application environment accessing Web Services.
- Code down to the metal, getting high performance results from audio and network components.
- Collaborate with Product owners, QA and other Developers to create robust and solid software.
- Participate in Agile software projects, delivering running code as the gage of your productivity.
- Desire to create great software that millions of people will use.
- Software development experience of 3+ years using a C like language.
- Experience developing for Android using Java. Knowledge of NDK a plus.
- Android App developed and deployed in the Google Play App Store.
(Include Play Store url in your resume or cover letter).
- Comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical team members.
- Any background experience with Telephony is desirable.
- Education in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
Include a resume and links to Apps you have worked on. Cover letters are always appreciated.