AVP, Audit Financial Activities
- New York, NY
Prestigious financial institution seeking an Assistant Vice President to join credit review team to perform credit reviews and traditional audit aspects of these reviews. This is an exciting opportunity in a highly visible position in the Financing Activities section of the audit group.
- Develop and execute the quality assurance (QA) review program
- Recommend improvements disclosed in the QA reviews
- Report QA findings to audit management and audit staff
- Performing the follow up on recommendations reported to audit management
- Responsible for the dissemination of updates to the Global Audit Manual
- Available to audit staff as an information source regarding current audit policy and work paper preparation requirements.
- Evaluate the quality of the control framework in the area under review and make recommendations to address deficiencies noted
- Manage time and priorities while performing the audit reviews
- Acquire an understanding of the audited activities by showing initiative
- Employ analytical skills to analyse activities and processes using the Audit Methodology and Tools
- Validate the quality and reliability of the findings and deliverable
- Write quality reports with appropriate recommendations and plain English
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and Internal Audit Management
- Bachelor’s degree qualified - Finance and/or Accounting preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (will consider CPA if individual has strong knowledge of the standards of the internal audit profession or has worked in an internal audit outsourced role as part of a CPA firm).
- Must be willing to become a CIA.
- 4 – 5 years audit experience
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate issues to a wide audience
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management
- Audit quality assurance experience
- French skills a plus but not required