- New York, NY
My client, a prestigious and well-known manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join their team. This individual will report directly to the Director of Accounting & Internal Control Review Group and Manager of Accounting & Internal Control Review Group and have significant interaction with the Assistant Controllers, the Corporate Controller, the Internal Audit Department, and financial management at over 100 financial reporting locations.
- Perform accounting and internal control reviews at over 100 financial reporting locations. Reviews will include gaining a detailed understanding of the business, including major programs/products, and evaluation of the reliability and integrity of financial information, business processes and internal control documentation in accordance with company policies and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Evaluate compliance with contract accounting GAAP, including review of unit-of-accounting determination, revenue recognition method selected, adequacy of EACs, and actual job cost accumulation, including net realizable value of inventory, and appropriateness of unbilled, billings-in-excess, accrued warranties, and loss contract reserves
- Develop effective working relationships with Divisional and/or Group Management to facilitate the resolution of any questions and any areas of improvement identified.
- Monitor and analyze the quarterly financial results at reporting locations within assigned business operating groups.
- Ad hoc special projects as required.
- A highly motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented and has a fundamental understanding of internal controls
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years of total experience with 2 years in public accounting
- Must be a CPA or on track to obtain CPA within one year of hire
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a must.
Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time